facebook

rushing

by:    

how difficult is it to rush sororities in the fall as a junior? are there any chances? i had to drop out this year during rush for personal reasons and really want to be in a sorority but i know it's kinda latee

Posted By: junior
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

It's not very common unless you already know someone in a house you want.

By: Sorry but...
#2by:    

you'd probably only get a bid from chi o or phi sig sig

By: eh
by: ^   

XO and PSS don't take everyone. That's an old rumor. They're not top houses but still get good new members, aren't bad houses to be in.

Some houses drop all upperclassmen first round. Nothing you can do about that. Upperclassmen do get bids, just rush and find out yourself.

By: ^
#3by:    

Yes it's harder. Your chances will not be the same as a freshmen. Certain houses (SDT for example) will drop you automatically because of your upperclassmen status.

The best thing you can do is to befriend girls in sororities. The more girls you know, the better your chances are. Especially as a junior.

By: hm

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#4by:    

Also be wary of any houses that require you to live two years in their house...because those houses will probably not take you either since you'd be unable to fulfill that prerequisite (unless you're planning on graduating in more than 4 years)

By: hm

All of URIs houses have substantially grown in numbers in the past couple of years. Even if a house had a 2 year requirement, with total around 140 and possibly increasing next year, it may not be necessary to require girls live in houses for 2 years. If you join as a junior and the chapter bases housing requirements on seniority or a points/grades system, you'd still possibly plan on living on campus your senior year (except KD, who doesn't have a house, so non issue with them). Thinking if you want the sorority experience, living in the house is part of that and not a big deal to you.

#5by:    

I rushed as a junior and love the house I am in. You just need to walk in knowing that some house will drop you based on upperclassmen status. Just stay positive and if this is something you really want to do you just have to roll with it.

By: Experienced
#6by:    

Im really sorry but honestly don't even waste your time. Unfortunately houses barely even take sophomores, nevermind juniors. Most houses (especially top tier) automatically drop juniors the first or second day.

By: Sorry girl :(
by: Omg^^^   

DO NOT LISTEN TO THE ABOVE POSTER!!!! LOTS of sophomores get bids, and juniors too, though it's not as often, IT HAPPENS. Yes, houses that have been popular the years before have to cut the most people the first few rounds (it's part of how recruitment works), and they usually cut upperclassmen. That doesn't mean you don't give it a try.

Some people in top houses think those are the only ones girls want to be in, and a bid from anyone else is a second choice. In reality, URI has 10 sororities that are all full, thriving, and have something to offer.

By: Omg^^^
#7by:    

I had rushed as a junior and got the house that I wanted! Don't listen to some of these girls, just go for it and stay confident! (:

By: Do It!

Yes of course some juniors get bids but those are the exceptions, not the rule. Especially since URI greek life is so competitive. This doesn't mean you shouldn't rush, but also don't be disappointed if your expectations aren't met.

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.