facebook

zta house?

by:    

I heard that ZTA is losing there house? Someone told me that a fraternity owns it and wants it back. Is that true?

Posted By: Rush Girl
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

That house is owned by Phi Kappa Psi and leased to ZTA. No one is quite sure what is happening. It's been rumored that Phi Psi would like to build a new, smaller house, so they don't have to worry so much about filling it. It may be difficult for ZTA to qualify for a mortgage to buy a house outright (despite what some of their sisters say, national organizations do not outright finance the purchase of houses).

ZTA isn't alone in this situation. Alpha Phi leases from TKE, Phi Sigma Sigma leases from AXO, and Kappa Delta has a meeting space on campus and is exploring leasing options. Houses like Chi Phi, Sigma Chi, and ZBT were able to build because they had savings and investments from their former houses on campus, not to mention a long history on campus and alumni fundraising.

So, no one knows right now. Alpha Phi has been in TKE since they colonized. Phi Sig has leased at least 4 different houses in the past 20 years. Remains to be seen. Historically though, women tend to be more responsible and profitable tennants than men.

By: It's

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

I wouldn't be surprised if ZTA keeps the house. That rumor has been around for a long time.

By: g
by: l   

the rumor has been around for a long time but Phi psi has now actually recolonized.

By: l
by: So   

It's not a "rumor". No one made up a malicious lie. It's a situation that could potentially take place, and no one knows what is officially happening yet.

By: So
#3by:    

I wouldn't be worried about ZTA losing the house.

By: Woo

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.