facebook

sorority life

by:    

I really want to rush in the fall and pledge a sorority, but I was just wondering, how much do sorority dues typically cost and what are the dues actually for? I don't want to go broke trying to pay the dues to belong! Please help!

Posted By: Nervous and curious
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Contrary to what you might hear, you aren't paying dues to "buy your friends". Dues go to a variety of things. Each house pays a fee to their national office for membership, as well as fees for insurance and Panhel. After that, each house had a budget. It pays for things like the yearly composite, social events like date parties and formals, workshops, retreats, philanthropy events, sisterhood events, participating in Greek Week and Philanthropy Week (shirts, materials for contests or fundraisers), and supplies and materials for rush parties. When you pledge you usually pay a one time membership fees, and you also pay for your "badge" (your official sorority pin). At URI dues range from $400-$800 a semester. This doesn't include paying for housing if you live in the house, but most are about the same as living in the dorms. Most houses by now are offering payment plans for dues and stuff, so you don't have to pay everything at once. When you rush each sorority gives you all of this information up front so there are no surprises.

By: Money
#2by:    

I agree

By: Yes

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.