facebook

joining a sorority

by:    

I'm going to be an incoming freshman in the fall of 2015. I'm playing women's soccer at URI. I was wondering if any one knows if women athletes are allowed to join a sorority because I really would like to.

Posted By: studentathlete
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Sororities love members who are athletes, cheerleaders, dancers, etc. You'll need to check with your coach, they may not allow athletes to pledge. Also, keep in mind both an athletic team and a sorority are HUGE time committments.

By: B
#2by:    

I was an athlete when I pledged and it's a huge time commitment. I played softball at a big school in Texas but pledged out of season. My coach was okay with it as long as I can handle it. Depending on your coach and schedule, it's definitely worth it if you could do it. I would suggest rushing out of season though because there are definitely more commitments when you pledge than when you're a sister.

By: Transfer

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.