facebook

rush

by:    

I'm rushing a sorority in the spring. I'm looking for one with cool girls where I don't have to look perfect everyday. I don't have to be completely committed, the fraternities respect them, I don't have to live in the house but I can. Mostly I can have fun at socials (allowed to smoke). I don't have a car and can't drive and doesn't haze too bad. And most importantly does not have a lot of drama (I know they all do but I've heard horror stories) What are peoples thoughts?

Posted By: Recommend
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

kappa delta. i know a girl in it and theres not much commitment

By: someone

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Cool   

Do they grade spring rush?

I heard not so great things. I also heard they can't have socials but those could all be rumors. It's on my list.

By: Cool
by: But   

KD isn't recruiting this spring. They are still getting established, so the level of involvement expected from members hasn't really been set. They do social, but not with good frats.

By: But
#2by:    

Go to each house and see for yourself the people there will make all the difference

By: Delta
#3by:    

R u serious?

By: Um
#4by:    

There are LIMITED spaces available in the spring. If you are gonna show up day one of rush and already have an attitude like "I don't wanna live in the house, I don't want to be completely committed, I'm concerned about rep /what frat guys think about us", don't plan on getting a bid.

By: Lol
#5by:    

"Mostly I can have fun at socials...." If this is the most important aspect to you of joining a sorority, I would think again. There is more to any sorority than having socials, and if you are planning to join the organization for the parties on weekends and not be committed during the week, you will most likely end up dropping. Spring semester will be crazy with your new member meetings along with other meetings (such as big/little reveal, initiation, etc) in addition to practices for greek week(they will prob start right after bid day and new members usually have to do the events older sisters don't want to). It is a big time commitment as a new member especially, and if you don't have the time, then you shouldn't rush and end up disappointing your sisters. I know this sounds harsh but it's the truth. Also in terms of driving, most (if not all) sororities require you to drive whether you have your own car or not.

By: Uhh
#6by:    

Something to keep in mind is that the cool, low drama, non-judgy girls you describe are the ones that value sisterhood the most. They will take offense to someone who wants to just chill at parties, not get hassled much, etc. You may not have meant for the tone of your original post to sound like it did, so maybe think about that before you go to parties and start talking about what you want out of greek life.

IMHO of the houses rushing in the Spring, Chi O or ZTA are probably closest to what you are describing (but you'd have to live in the house with both of them).

By: To "recommend"
#7by:    

Sounds like you're better off being a GDI with your own friends going to parties on your own schedule. Sororities are a huge time and financial commitment, and almost all of them make you live in the house for at least a year or two.

By: hm
#8by:    

The responses you are getting are kinda harsh, but honest. Go to rush, but ask a LOT of questions. Keep in mind that going in with stereotyped expectations will rub people the wrong way (even if you are just going off things you heard from friends).

By: Here

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.