facebook

spring or fall rush

by:    

Im transferring to URI this spring as a freshman and I'm definitely going to rush to be in a sorority ... however I was wondering if It would be better to rush in the spring of fall.. i know more houses are available in the fall but will it be better to do it as a freshman, wait as a sophomore, or does your year not play a huge factor?

Posted By: ???
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

You can still do spring recruitment to see if you like the houses recruiting (like 4 or 5 are). There is a very limited number if spots available. If not, you don't commit and wait until fall. Some houses absolutely don't take upperclassmen, or would only take one if she was perfect.

By: Well
#2by:    

you could do spring and see what the houses that are rushing are like. Keep in mind that it is very competitive because there are only a few spots. Rushing as a sophmore isn't bad and it is true some houses only take freshman and few to no sophomores. But depending on which houses you like could or could not be okay to rush in the fall. Personally I'd rush in the spring and see what happens. Worse comes to worse you have the fall.

By: lady

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

Yes spring rush is more competitive than fall, but it's worth it to try anyway. Scope out the houses and see which ones you're interested in. If you don't get a bid, fall recruitment will give you plenty of opportunities. Certain houses like SDT only take freshmen but I know many many girls who have gotten bids as sophomores, including top tier sororitys

By: do both
#4by:    

Supposedly the houses recruiting in the spring are Phi Sigma Sigma, Zeta Tau Alpha, Chi Omega, and Alpha Phi. Phi sig and ZTA can only take a few girls each. Chi O and Alpha Phi can take more, but maybe like ten girls each? Not many. Other houses are not at total but are choosing not to recruit any new members until next fall.

By: Jj

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.