facebook

help

by: help

im a sophomore transferring in the spring.. i wanted to join a sorority so that i can meet some people and I've just always wanted to be a part of one. I've been reading a lot of posts about needing connections and what not and obviously being a transfer i won't know anyone.. is there still a chance for me?

Posted By: help
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: well   

It's helpful to know girls in the house, especially during spring recruitment when the pledge classes are so small. But the majority of girls join houses without knowing any sisters prior to recruitment. Greek life at URI is nothing compared to the south, so "connections" are not nearly as important. If you are not offered a bid in the spring, you should try formal recruitment in the fall.

By: well
#2  by: Well   

So, you are transferring here....you don't know ANYONE? Are you living on or off campus?

It's not too late to get involved in Greek Life. There will be small new member classes in probably half the houses. If you don't get a bid, you should still do formal recruitment in the fall.

Get involved in something else on campus when you get here. Find a group or club that interests you and see if they are accepting new members. Sororities want girls that are well rounded, have good grades, and are fun to hang out with. If you look lonely and desperate you'll kill your chances of getting a bid.

By: Well

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.