facebook

uh oh

by: Uh oh

I'm a freshman planning to rush as a sophomore next fall. I'm hearing that because every sorority took so many girls this fall, they will be taking a lot less next fall. Does this mean it will be harder for a sophomore to get into a sorority?

Posted By: Uh oh
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: NO   

Absolutely not! In fall formal recruitment, there is quota--basically, the number of girls eligible for bids divided by the number of sororities. If 400 girls went to pref round, and there are 10 sororities, quota would be 40.

Don't listen to people who tell you "good houses" don't take sophomores. First of all, that isn't true by a long shot. Second, it's up to you to decide which house is "good" for you. Don't let anyone pressure you into rushing a house you are lukewarm about this year, and don't listen to all the crap people talk. Every house is good in its own way. If you want to wait for fall, then that's what's right for you.

By: NO
#2  by: ehh   

it could go either way, as of now there probably aren't any sororities that know how many they will be taking in the fall but because of KD colonization i would assume their will be a lot of open space because they need to obtain a substantial amount of girls. Panhel also evaluates the ceiling (the most amount of girls allowed in a house) depending on the interest of rushees. Speaking from my house I wouldn't worry about it, you being a sophomore won't stop houses from taking you, if they like you they'll take you

By: ehh
by: NooooooFeb 12, 2014 9:25:53 PM

Not trying to be rude, but the fall system has nothing to do with Spring, colonization or current chapter size. It is based solely on interest in the fall. Look at comment one.

By: Noooooo
#3  by: Uh oh   

The houses I am interested in are ZTA, SK, and SDT! Will they take sophomores?

By: Uh oh
by: awksFeb 17, 2014 10:20:37 PM

I don't even think SDT took sophomores this year at all. Such a shame but it was their nationals' doing

By: awks
#4  by: Ehh   

I said that...but good try

By: Ehh
by: UhhFeb 13, 2014 3:51:07 AM

"Noooo" is right. Ceiling has very little to do with fall recruitment. Sure, panhel can reevaluate ceiling based on the success of KD and the number of women signed up for fall rush, but the only thing that really matters in the fall is QUOTA. Quota is based on the number of women rushing, period. The houses don't get to choose how any girls they are taking, quota is set for them

By: Uhh
#5  by: ok   

So what do you think about those houses? SK, ZTA???

By: ok
by: uhmFeb 17, 2014 9:31:34 PM

nice girls, less to no hazing, studious, middle lower tier.

By: uhm
by: hey Feb 17, 2014 11:19:49 PM

I'd say that SK is more middle or upper middle, they're really involved. Nice girls.

By: hey
#6  by: Thanks!   

Thanks haha but I meant if I'll be able to get into those houses next year as a sophomore

By: Thanks!
#7  by: yup   

I don't see why not..

By: yup

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.