facebook

you're welcome guys

by: Greeeek

Okay so I ranked every sorority fair and square based on my opinion and what most people on campus think. I am in a frat so i know a lot about the sororities but i am not actually in one so i think my opinions/ratings are relatively fair.
Also here is my ranking based on what i think and what i've noticed others think (I included axo but they are obviously not a sorority anymore)
Alpha Phi
Alpha Delta Pi
Alpha Chi Omega
Delta Zeta
Sigma Delta Tau
Sigma Kappa
Zeta Tau Alpha
Chi Omega
Alpha Xi Delta
Phi Sigma Sigma

Posted By: Greeeek
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: m   

As far as the general sentiment on campus, this probably isn't far off. I would take Alpha Chi out. They can call themselves a sorority, but they aren't anymore. I would move Sigma Kappa and Chi Omega up a bit, I don't think people give either of them enough credit, there are cool girls in those houses. And Sigma Kappa just held a philanthropy event.

The whole tier thing to me is not accurate, at least not at URI. When it comes down to it, the houses are basically broken into two groups-"hot" and "pretty/average". I think it's nice that you put things like philanthropy and housing into your reviews. When it comes down to it, things like that do nothing to affect the "top" houses reputations. Alpha Phi or ADPi could do no philanthropy, and frats would still think they were hot and want to hang with them, end of story. Like you said--Alpha Chi has no house and isn't recognized, but here you are, still counting them with everyone else. You can pretend other stuff makes a difference, but appearance is what this ranking stuff is all about, anyways, so lets just be honest about it.

By: m
by: o.oDec 11, 2013 2:40:47 PM

True story.

That said, I feel like you can make a clear distinction between the terms "top" house and "best" house.

The term "top" house is all based around looks, whereas "best" house usually hits on everything else. These terms can apply to fraternities too.

Obviously, the list above is reflective of "top" houses. One could definitely argue changes based on which house is "best"

By: o.o

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.