facebook

which sororities will be doing (spring) rush?

by: Getty

I rushed during the fall this year, as a freshmen. But dropped out the day of pref night, meaning I didn't go to any of my parties that night. I wasn't really ready to commit my time and wasn't really sure. But I still do I want join a sorority. Which houses are most likely openin for more pledges? And how does informal rush work?

Posted By: Getty
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: greeklife101   

the posts for spring rush will start when everybody comes back to campus in january and the process of spring recruitment starts. spring recruitment is far less formal in comparison to the fall when it comes to structure. there are less rounds, you're not on a schedule made by panhel and you get to choose what houses you go to. you just follow the times of rounds, and they're about half an hour long and when you're done you either go to another house, or you're done. you don't rank your top, you don't have to worry about going to houses you're not interested in, you just pick where YOU think YOU fit the best. the catch to spring rush is that its very selective, houses that do a spring rush tend to be doing rush to meet their quote which can range from 5-30 girls depending upon how many they took in the fall that didn't drop, etc. you're not guaranteed a bid through spring, and it's very, very, very informal. there is no big bids day celebration or anything like that, you either get a phone call, or the house slips a bid invite underneath your door. i rushed in the spring and was very happy with my bid, but i can't speak for everyone. you will know what houses are participating in january, a good idea would be to add "Iwana Rush" on Facebook, that account is run by pan-hel and is updating routinely throughout the year with upcoming recruitment information in regards to round times and what houses are going to have rounds each night. best of luck in finding your fit!

By: greeklife101
#2  by: Getty   

Thank you so much for answering. Your response was super informative! But I do have questions regarding rush. Are each round simple and casual, or are they themed? And how would finding a Big work, if the girls from fall recruitment got assigned to a Big already? Will I still get a Big? And how long is the recruitment process (how many days of rounds); do we get invitations back, or one visit pretty much tells you that you get a bid or not?

By: Getty

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.