facebook

recruitment

by: Discouraged

As I was reading the discussion below about the houses of Pi phi Kappa DG and Alpha Phi I saw that all was written was very negative stuff. All I hear is that alpha Phis all hate each other, kappas are stuck up, and pi Phis are dumb. This makes me not want to even go through rush its so discouraging. Are there any sororities that still do stuff with good frats but just have a really great sisterhood and love each other? I don't care about money or who parties the hardest I want a house where all the girls are like a family and I will make the best friends

Posted By: Discouraged
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: recruitment   

Yes, middle tier: DDD, ChiO, AGD and maybe AZD. They won't always be doing things with PhiPsi and other douches but they will have great events and you will probably be happy with them.

By: recruitment
by: noJan 9, 2014 3:27:24 PM

MAYBE tri delt but you wont hang out with any decent frats in these sororties

By: no
by: yeaJan 9, 2014 4:07:50 PM

Middle tier is mostly for girls who don't care about the superficial aspects of greek life and just wanna have a good time

By: yea
by: sororityJan 9, 2014 4:17:33 PM

You should probably check out Kappa Delta, Tri Delta, and Chi Omega. They might be good houses for you, all different from each other but you might click well with one of them. Don't be discouraged! Good luck with recruitment!

By: sorority
by: ?Jan 9, 2014 4:20:59 PM

I heard chi omega doesn't have a good social calendar? is this true? I want the same as this post but I don't want a chapter that doesn't do anything or have events planned?

By: ?
by: Social Jan 9, 2014 4:30:04 PM

OMG, damn the gossip that freshman believe!

All chapters have social calendars that change from semester to semester. Sorority 1 can't always do things with Fraternities 2, 3 and 4. They are required to vary who they do things with. It allows you to meet more people this way.

So, maybe you don't like CHI O's calendar for Spring (have you looked at it or are you relying on gossip and tent talk???). Guess what? Homecoming and Fall Semester will be different.
I have news...all chapters have a calendar. Kappa is the only sorority limited now because of SoPro

By: Social
by: XO socialJan 10, 2014 12:22:54 AM

Chi O does have a limited social calender, it's not because they dont have good guys to hang out with, but because they arent allowed by their nationals to have a lot of TGs or football block

By: XO social
#2  by: It's okay!!   

Yes!! There are still great chapters!! I think DG has a pretty good sisterhood as well as Pi Phi KD And Theta...they all do stuff with good frats. DDD has a really good sisterhood as well but they don't do much with good frats more like Pike SAE and Fiji but who cares about that go wherever you feel like you click with the girls!!

By: It's okay!!
by: noJan 10, 2014 9:35:59 AM

not pi phi, theyre ashamed of their one pledge class still and put them in the kitchen and basement because of their looks, plus tons of older girls refused to take littles at the time... NOT SISTERLY

By: no
#3  by: Kappa   

seriously and this isn't meant as a negative, if you don't care about money then don't pick Kappa. Most all of them come from affluent families and the majority belong to country clubs so that's Kappa. If that's your life style you'd fit in and there is sisterhood but on a different/wealthy level.

By: Kappa
#4  by: hi   

if you want to join a sorority to "hang out with good frats" then you aren't joining for the right reasons. drop out now

By: hi
by: ^^^Jan 9, 2014 4:30:53 PM

Thank you!!!!

By: ^^^
by: aaJan 9, 2014 5:26:10 PM

just because she wants to hang out with good frats doesn't mean thats the only reason she wants to join. Who would want to be in a sorority that only hangs out with dweebs? To answer her question, TKE and Phi Psi are currently the only "top" fraternities at OSU. Delt, Phi Delt, Kappa Sig, and maybe Pike/Sigma Chi are the next best. There's a pretty big difference between the top and middle. You will be doing stuff with the middle either way, but if you want to have events with TKE or Phi Psi then APhi, Pi Phi, Kappa, Theta, and DG are your only options.

By: aa
#5  by: Yes   

I continue to hear really negative stuff about these chapters. It's sad

By: Yes
#6  by: then   

Yes ^^^ stay off if you can't handle it

By: then

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.