facebook

how do houses already know who legacies are?

by:    

I feel like this is such a stupid question, but how do sororities know who the legacies are in advance? Or if you had an aunt in the sorority?

Posted By: Legacy
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

A Mother, Grandmother or sister will write a Legacy Introduction Form. The chapter will then verify the legacy with their HQ.

Aunts don't count except for maybe one or two sororities.

By: Legs
#2by:    

Most sororities won't consider an aunt to be a legacy connection. They could have written a rec for you.

By: Aunts
#3by:    

That's one of the reason's for a letter of recommendation. The person writing the letter for you would list any greek affiliation that your family would have. Your not a legacy if your aunt was greek. You can mention family or relatives that have are/were greek during recruitment.

By: duh

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#4by:    

I think Fuzzie is the exception where a niece is considered a legacy. I'm not a Fuzzie so I'm not completely sure but I have read that.

By: Fuzz
#5by:    

I know an aunt doesn't make you a legacy, but does it help at all?
Thanks for the help though!

By: Legacy
by: be yourself   

You have to bring it up and it might show that you have a little more knowledge of that house than your average pnm. But it's not going to put you in the same category as a legacy. Who knows you might not even like that house and if you do just be enthusiastic but not overly desperate.

By: be yourself
by: Re: aunt   

Even if you are a triple legacy, it doesn't guarantee you a bid. That goes for all houses.
Does it help to be a leg or have your cousin/aunt/BFF in that sorority? It depends what you have to offer.
If they don't want you, you will be cut before pref. You might get a courtesy invite back to the second party but it won't necessarily carry you.

By: Re: aunt

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.