facebook

how does that work

by:    

hWhat importance do houses place on legacies? Are they highly regarded or just another pnm? If a legacy makes it to pref round are they guaranteed a bid?

Posted By: legacy
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

At my house, if your are a mother/grandmother/sister legacy you automatically get a bid. If you are aunt/cousin whatever, you just get considered more closely. It changes by house though. I know a mother legacy who got cut before pref round. But generally, you'll at least make it to pref round and 80% get autobid. That being said, don't just automatically assume that your legacy house is the perfect fit for you. I was a legacy for 2 different ones and didn't join either one because I felt a great connection with a different house

By: It depends
#2by:    

It is not automatic in our sorority. While we give you a greater chance, we still have the option to release you in earlier rounds if we really don't think that you are a good fit, have grade issues, etc.

I agree with it depends, you might like another sorority better.

By: our house
#3by:    

If you are a legacy you HAVE to be cut after philanthropy round or sisterhood round because once you make it to preference round you are automatically at the TOP of the bid last and are 100% guaranteed a bid

By: If

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Not true   

Not true for all houses. While if you make it to pref round you have a very good chance, you're not necessarily guaranteed 100% a bid at that house. It honestly depends on the rules of each different house but do not think that just because you are a legacy, you will get into that house. Also remember, if your mom or sister was in a chapter at a different school, the chapter here may be COMPLETELY different and not for you. Go in with an open mind and if you happen to love the house(s) where you are a legacy, then so be it.

By: Not true

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.