facebook

top frats other than phi psi tke

by: tftc

I'm rushing this semester but I don't know anyone in phi psi or tke. What are the next best frats?

Posted By: tftc
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: 15th ave   

most people would say Delt, Phi Delt, and Pike. You can throw Kappa Sig in there because they have their nice house. But literally everyone hates them and is trying to get them kicked off, so dont whine on here if you rush kappa sig and then dont have a fraternity.

By: 15th ave
by: lolDec 28, 2013 7:43:35 AM

^almost. The way you phrase it is misleading though. It's:

Phi Psi/TKE

Delt/Kappa Sig/Phi Delt

Pike/SAE

By: lol
#2  by: hawt   

"lol" has it right. There's a lot more flexibility in the rankings of frats below Phi Psi and TKE (who are both solidly top of the top). If someone had told me two years ago that Delt would be verging on top tier and that Pike would be actually relevant, I would have laughed at them. But that's what good recruiting does. For now, this is how they sit, but any of them could move up or down in as little as one semester based on how they recruit. You can't go wrong with these 7, so just rush them and go with the one you fit in the most with. You'll be way happier joining SAE if you fit in great with them than joining TKE if you don't. The bump in social standing would be nice, but it shouldn't be the only factor in my opinion. All of these will give you the opportunity to mix with some or all of the big 6 plus some mid-tier sororitys like Tri-Delt and Chi O.

By: hawt
by: hawtDec 28, 2013 8:02:12 AM

^side note: I thought about including ATO at the bottom of this list, but after the past two semesters they really flopped. If you're looking at ATO, just rush TKE or Phi Delt instead. Similar types of guys but way better.

By: hawt
#3  by: uhh   

None of the freshmen will know anybody in Phi Psi or TKE, thats the entire point of rushing you idiot. If you will only join a frat you already know people in, you're doing it wrong.

By: uhh
#4  by: important point   

Do not exclusively rush only TKE and Phi Psi unless you know for sure that you will get a bid. They will both be super exclusive and will probably have only 25 people in their pledge classes. Guys will be competing with over 125 other guys trying to get in those same two fraternities, so if you aren't sure that you will get in then look at some of the other fraternities on campus. Don't join TKE and Phi Psi solely based on their status.

By: important point
#5  by: Greek Row   

Just go to the rush events at different chapters and see which guys you like better. Phi Psi and TKE have the best social life meaning that they mix with the best(top 6) sororities more. That doesn't mean that you won't still talk to hot girls, have great brotherhood, or fit in better in other fraternities.

By: Greek Row
#6  by: back   

back to the front

By: back

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.