facebook

question

by: Kay

for girls whose chapter options get narrower as the rounds of recruitment go on, what happens when a girl goes to pref and only gets the options of houses that she's not completely trilled about? Some say girls should still give it a chance because every chapter has something great to offer and then some say do not join a chapter you're uncomfortable with.. so which is recommended?!

Posted By: Kay
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Class   

It also depends on your class rank. If you are a Freshman, you can also attend COR in the fall, but not all chapters participate. If you are a Sophomore and you really want to be in a sorority, you might not have a "next time". If you are a Junior, you won't have a "next time".
I attended 3 chapters for Pref. I would have been happy with my first or second choice but probably not my third. My #3 was actually considered a slightly "better" chapter than #1 or #2 but I didn't really like the girls that much. If I had received #3, I would have tried it to see if I clicked so I can't say for sure that I would have dropped.

By: Class
#2  by: questions   

Reality is this is your best chance to join a sorority-you probably won't do better next year. Fewer sororities do COR. Most girls have disappointments during rush, it is the way it is. With 125+ girls in just about every sorority, you are bound to find girls that you click with, and girls you don't. No sense bumming over sororities that cut you, look at the ones you go to at pref with fresh eyes-can you see yourself with them? How much do you want to be in a sorority? Are you a glass half full or a glass half empty kind of person? Good luck!

By: questions
by: great adviceNov 29, 2013 10:09:13 PM

This is really perfect, I don't know too many girls that didn't get cut from anywhere, because whether its an aopi who doesn't belong in kappa, or a kappa who doesn't belong in aopi, not everyone is the same or meant to be in the same one

By: great advice

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.