facebook

rush

by: Freshman

Do a lot of girls go through rush and not get a bid at all??? I'm kind of nervous

Posted By: Freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: no   

no. most girls that go through rush do get a bid, but it all varies. Some girls will drop out of rush because they got cut from all the houses they liked, some girls will only like one house after pref round and suicide a house (only put that house on their list) and do not get a bid from it so they end up without a bid, and some (but few) just actually don't get a bid. It all depends on how set you are on a house and if you are set on getting into a top tier house (which I advise that you go into recruitment not caring which tier you want). I think the "big 6" houses (Kappa, Theta, Pi Phi, DG, KD, Alpha Phi) are somewhat overrated but they are the most competitive houses to get a bid from. there are a lot of mid tier and low tier sororities that are still AWESOME so go through recruitment and find the house that is best for you!!

By: no
by: alsoOct 27, 2013 11:39:33 AM

almost every year one of the top houses has a cruddy pledge class, the severity of that varies. Pi Phi had a terrible one two years ago, where "bottom/bottom of the middle tier" girls got bids, and dg last year had a solid "middle tier" pledge class, so you can certainly luck into one of the top houses.

By: also
#2  by: + one   

I agree with posters no and also. Is recruitment SEC competitive? No. But it is competitive. Amazes me how many girls coming in do not understand this, and think that they are in the driver's seat when it comes to joining a sorority. They are then disappointed when they do not get asked back to their "must haves", and drop out, when in reality, the must haves probably weren't the best place for them for whatever reason. Which is a pity, since the OSU Greek system and sororities have so many positives for any girl if she is willing to take a good look at all of them. The vast majority of girls who go through preference round and don't suicide get a bid. Treat recruitment like job interviews-rest up, be presentable, polish up on your interviewing/conversation skills, clean up your facebook, and be positive! Good luck!

By: + one
#3  by: uh   

do sororities really stalk you before you even meet them

By: uh
by: hahaOct 30, 2013 9:15:14 PM

No, they do not stalk you. System here is too big. Maybe at a smaller school. Might they check your facebook page at some point during recruitment if no one knows you? Maybe.

By: haha
by: top tierNov 1, 2013 2:46:53 PM

we look at every girl on facebook if we can find her. if she has anything we arent keen on shes gone the next round, if she has likes or similar interests we match her up with our girls.

By: top tier
#4  by: ^   

What would be examples on things you aren't keen on? just to help pnms prepare

By: ^
by: Pnm'sNov 1, 2013 11:11:40 PM

-no more than 2 profile pics of selfies. More than 2 you're cut
-no more than 5 status updates a month. More than that and you're cut
-one of your last 3 profile pics has be with a hot guy. Not a deal breaker but show that guys like you
-typically avoid girls with boyfriends, less fun
-witty cover photo is a nice touch
-pics with hot friends & party environments

By: Pnm's
by: ^^PNM's^^Nov 2, 2013 6:08:52 PM

Trolling, are we?

By: ^^PNM's^^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.