facebook

fraternity comments

by: GR Administrator

Ohio State University - OSU General Fraternity Comments

Posted By: GR Administrator
Post Reply Report
Page 11 of 170
#101  by: Can someone explain?   

Can someone explain the beef that I am hearing about between Kappa Sig and Sammy? What is the origins of it?

By: Can someone explain?
#102  by: sammy/ksig   

there is no beef anymore, it was settled months ago. they are fine

By: sammy/ksig
#103  by: re: re: yep   

you can say what ever guilt trip you want but when it comes down to it the ones listed are fraternities while the rest are clubs not saying what you do isnt good you just dont belong on the same list...

By: re: re: yep
#104  by: re: re: re: yep   

I'm not asking why fraternities are known. I understand why fraternities are known. I just think it's offensive that you call fraternities that have there own definition of what fraternities is, clubs. We should all know the phrase, "to each his own" Well, it's the case here. To some of you the idea of a fraternity is the social component of it. Honestly, looking back at what I wrote, I understand that there are some points that I made that are kind of ridiculous. So if you believe that the social aspect of being in a fraternity is your idea of what a fraternity is, hey, I'll respect that. My problem was you calling the other ones a club. How other fraternities choose to be a fraternity and member of the greek community is entirely up to them, but at the end of the day, they are all fraternities, it's just the way they choose to express themselves as a fraternity that is entirely up to them. It's obvious the idea of what a fraternity is has drastically changed from there inception.

By: re: re: re: yep
#105  by: no   

do you understand? the fact is that the social aspects of greek life play a huge role in reputations, recruitment, and social relations. All fraternities participate in philanthropy and community service. You guys just do alot more, which is respectable , but at the same time you guys dont hold the traditional aspects of fraternities that the more popular fraternities do and therefore you guys get less respect.

By: no
#106  by: Just drop it   

This has been a rather entertaining argument for me to read. To whoever it is that is getting pissed off, just drop it. Trust me, you make a lot of logical points but you're trying to be logical in a illogical setting. If you keep responding, you'll just find yourself getting more and more pissed off.

I don't know what fraternity you're in, but I can assure you a lot of people respect what you guys do. Don't let some people on some bullsh,it gossip site fluster you.

By: Just drop it
#107  by: kappa purple   

have u seen that one kid

By: kappa purple
#108  by: sigma chi   

keep voting for sigma chi, every vote is $1 donation to charity!!

By: sigma chi
#109  by: As it stands   

The current frats in the top 10 right now:
Sig chi
phi psi
beta
tke
kap sig
sammy
ato
sae
aepi
delts

Is actually a pretty accurate top 10. When I say top 10, i mean fraternities that are in the top 10, not the current ranking of them (Obviously Sigma Chi isn't really #1, but they definitely are in the top 10.)

Also, there is a pretty big drop off after Number 7 to the final three (sae, aepi, delts)

But still... pretty accurate I'd say?

By: As it stands
#110  by: greek week   

what are the greek week pairings?

By: greek week

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.