facebook

would formal be a waste of time?

by:    

so i know i have at least 2 more years at osu (including this upcoming one) b/c i switched my major and took a year off of school...is formal recruitment worth going through in my situation? i know i'll be competing with mucho freshmen...would informal be a better fit as an uppperclassman? ...i just know i wouldn't see all of the houses. i have gone through formal before (winter 2012), but dropped after like the second round...not sure if it's too late for me to get involved? advice?

Posted By: buckeyegal
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

do you remember which houses you like then? if you have some idea I would do informal and go to those, but this year informal looks like its going to be sprite dates, where the chapters invite you out... so idk how that would work for you

By: ?
#2by:    

It's not too late at all! Some houses take juniors during formal recruitment (I know my house usually takes one or two each year), but I would really recommend that you try informal recruitment this fall. It'll be easier for you to get to know everyone, and you might like being a part of a smaller pledge class

By: sorority girl
by: amen   

to the smaller pledge class, since you're a junior you dont really want to be in a large pledge class where you won't get to know everyone as fast. Go for informal where you'll be in a smaller class and everyone will get to know you more

By: amen
#3by:    

I sort of remember which houses I liked, but what do I do if all of them aren't participating in informal? go through formal? Not like I feel like I really know where I fit after just talking to maybe 3 girls, you know?...I guess houses know better than pmns, so I probably shouldn't worry about if I don't get to visit every house, right? Possibly dumb questions, but how do I find out which sororities are doin informal? I know most won't know until school starts up, but once it does how do I find out? do they set up at the student involvement fair? The union site has on their calendar that informal is sept.1st...is this true for everyone, or does it depend on the house? and are sprite dates by invite only? sorry for the rambling, and thanks for the replies! I appreciate it :)

By: buckeyegal
by: re: buckeyegal   

which houses did you like? (depending on which depends on if a junior would get in during formal too)

and id have some concern about seeing enough houses, but if its going to be as many as people speculate youll find a good place.

sororities might (should so long as PHA is organized and on the ball) know by the involvement fair, and you can signup there with PHA to go through informal recruitment.

And yes, after an open house sprite dates are by invite only.

By: re: buckeyegal
#4by:    

The ones I remember liking were kappa, and tri delt...I also thought aopi had sweet girls. TBH, besides those I don't remember others really sticking out during those first two rounds of formal. I do know a few girls in dg and pi phi and they are all very sweet...As far as philo, I love chi o...Make a Wish is such a worthy cause, and I think CASA -theta-, st. jude's -tri delt- and autism awareness -alpha xi- are too...I think for the most part I'd be happy just about anywhere though...there is something tempting about formal and seeing each house, but I don't wanna waste anyone's time if they're not looking for upperclassmen. Who typically earns the highest gpa?

By: buckeyegal

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Hi   

You should check out those houses in informal (if they do it). Of those houses, chi o and theta have the highest average GPAs, probably followe by tridelt, but all of their philanthropies are amazing. Good luck!

By: Hi
by: houses   

kappa and trid probs arent recruiting, but aopi will, and they are very welcoming to anyone who would want to join them. If you were interested in kappa, trid, aopi, theta, chio, and fuzzie, i would honestly just go through informal recruitment since a few of them are going to recruit. There's no guarantee that youll get into a house during informal when they get to do even more selection, but if you have a competitve gpa and stand out at the open house, youll stand a good shot. and if not then go through formal and work really hard at the houses you didnt visit in the fall

By: houses
#5by:    

Do any of the chapters have a higher required minimum GPA than the required PHA minimum?

By: GPA
by: Duh?   

The required PHA minimum is a joke. If you want to get in a house that typically ranks in the top for grades, then they only want you if you have a strong GPA. Some houses won't even look at girls who have less than a 3.0 or 3.2

By: Duh?
#6by:    

Which houses require the 3.2 GPA?

By: ?

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.