facebook

sorority personalities

by: 2023

What are the top sororities like personality wise? on here people either love them or hate them lol

Posted By: 2023
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: my opinion   

AEPhi
AEPhi at NYU has been long known for only recruiting the wealthiest girls. Think JAPs. It isn’t a surprise that they have some of the prettiest girls in their house, but this is also at the expense of growing a reputation for having stuck up/less outgoing girls. They mix exlusively with one or two frats. AEPhi took over as top house this past year.

DPHIE
DPhiE has been known for their attractive and wild girls at NYU. They have unique personalities, but rumors of a stuggling sisterhood are abundant. To outsiders, these girls are quirky and outgoing. They mix with the top fraternities. As their organization’s Alpha chapter, DPhiE has been a relevant house at NYU for a long time.

KAPPA
Kappa has the widest range of personalities/looks and also mixes with the widest range of fraternities. The girls are very down-to-earth and genuine with many attractive girls in each pledge class. They have a significantly strong sisterhood, despite a few cliques in the house.

ZTA
ZTAs at NYU are known for their extremely fun, charismatic, and bubbly personality types. They mix exclusively with top houses. These girls are beautiful but even more so they are outgoing and always open to conversation and having a good time. Many fraternities are good friends with Zetas.

PI PHI
Pi Phi is known for being the “middle” house at NYU. They are not quite a bottom tier sorority but are also far from being the top. Pi Phi has a very wide variety of girls. They are kind and humble. They are very involved in Greek Week and rarely associate with frats.

DG
DGs at NYU are most well-known for being really nice and genuine. They were at a bit of an unfair disadvantage being new, but their most recent pledge classes are very social. They prioritize philanthropy efforts and host fun events. Once they get more involved with fraternities, they will be on par with Pi Phi.

AST
AST is known for having a large chapter with a lot of smart and cool girls. But in recent years they aren’t as known for having the prettiest and most involved girls with Greek life. That is not to say that AST is a bad sorority, they have seemed to have just lost some traction in recent years. AST girls are friendly and loyal to their sorority.

By: my opinion
by: pnmJul 9, 2019 3:58:03 PM

what is a JAP

By: pnm
by: uhJul 11, 2019 7:22:22 AM

Anyone on this website trying to say there is a massive difference in AST and DG is probably in DG. They’re pretty much the same let’s be honest

By: uh
by: HJul 13, 2019 10:32:26 AM

Not in DG but the difference is actually pretty obvious... I agree that they could move up to Pi Phi/DG depending on how the two orgs recruit this fall

By: H
#2  by: inaccurate    

obvious this is dg, a very uninvolved with the greek scene attempt at ranking the sororities. Mixers and ranks are totally off. Lesson here: don’t trust these because no girl on here knows whats happening with social calendars unless you got your nose in everyone else’s business.

By: inaccurate
#3  by: Truth   

Legit just wait until recruitment to meet everyone before you judge. These are all just stereotypes that aren’t really even true for the most part. Just go into it with an open mind and see who you click with.

By: Truth
by: ^^Jul 12, 2019 5:07:20 PM

THIS! Almost everyone I've talked to about this said that they truly pictured themselves ending up in a different sorority based on what they read on here, myself included. Sure some people fit the stereotype of their sorority, but most don't or at least it's just so exaggerated. If you really want to know the "personalities" of each, go through recruitment and meet them!!

By: ^^
#4  by: Personalities   

Aephi- Cool, fun girls. Tend to be partiers, but still usually classy. Very pretty and yes many are wealthy but not all. Outgoing, smart, and top fundraisers for NYDM every year. Top tier.

Ast- Low-key and nice. Very classy. Friendly and seem to have a strong sisterhood and passion for their org. Not the biggest partners but still know how to have a good time. Bottom tier.

Dg- Newest on campus but becoming more solidified every year. Nice, down-to-earth girls. Very involved on campus and make a solid effort to be Panhel friendly. Definition of girl next door. Bottom tier.

Dphie- They definitely love to party and are a good time. Can be a bit wild but they’re fun. Very cool and trendy. Really stepped up their game in campus involvement lately. Gorgeous girls with strong personalities. Top tier.

Kappa- They’ve gotten better in the past year. Nice, involved on campus, and smart. Can be a bit of a mixed bag but are overall pretty chill. Middle tier.

Pi Phi- Smart girls, very laid-back and friendly. Usually do very well in Greek week. Can also be a mixed bag. Seem like a fun group of girls. Middle tier.

Zeta- Super chill and cute. Fun and cool girls who are well-rounded. Typically partiers. Some say they’re catty but they seem nice to me. Top tier.

By: Personalities
by: correct tiersJul 30, 2019 12:54:52 PM

completely disagree with the tiers. zeta isn't with aephi/dphie and kappa and pi phi are nowhere near the same tier. dg is also noticeably above ast. can't have just three tiers when everyone is so different.

upper top: dphie/aephi
lower top: zeta/kappa
upper mid: pi phi
lower mid: dg
bottom: ast

By: correct tiers
by: What?Jul 30, 2019 6:37:26 PM

Kappa and zeta aren’t the same...zeta is def above kappa.

By: What?
by: my opinionJul 30, 2019 8:15:25 PM

upper: aephi, dphie
top: kkg, zta
mid: dg, pi phi
bottom: ast

By: my opinion

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.