facebook

community

by: I love Miami

Underclassmen going through rush,

I'm a Junior in a middle tier Greek organization that I love from the bottom of my heart. I go to philanthropy events, rep my letters, go out & to socials and whatever else. HOWEVER, I think it is crucially important for me as an upperclassman in Greek life to mention that there are approximately 400 other student organizations on campus that have nothing to do with Greek life and which have cultivated similarly close, fun, and philanthropic communities.

Probably 40% of my close friends are people I've met in class or my dorm and most of them are not in Greek life. 25% are people involved with singing groups. I also go to church on Sundays sometimes. There are so many other opportunities to find "your people" on and off-campus in Oxford. Please understand that while Greek life improves parts of your life, it isn't going to transform your life into some perfect college experience. Relax, see if you like Greek life, and remember that you can join 100s of other orgs for little or no cost instead of - or in addition to - Greek life.

Posted By: I love Miami
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yes   

I agree with all of this. Calthe eff down girls you will find friends whether Greek or not:

By: Yes

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.