facebook

some hard to hear truth..

by:    

Just thought I would share my opinions on here for anyone that was interested. I'm a sophomore going through rush this year. No i didn't drop last year, I had decided not to rush and after meeting many of my friends that do participate in greek life, thought I would give it a try.

Recruitment is really fun so far, but with previous experience and seeing what the sororities are like during the school year/behind the scenes, here are my thoughts.

DG: I mention them first because this is my most important point. From talking to fellow PNMs about who we like/how everyones doing etc, DG isn't doing so hot recruitment wise. And let me tell you, it only gets worse. I know a few girls that went DG last spring in hopes of making new friends and finding their home. If the ladies of this chapter aren't ignoring you already during rush, they will once all the excitement dies down. One of the kindest, FUNNIEST girls I know has gotten the cold shoulder from everyone in her pledge class. There are rumors that DG goes for friend groups and it's 100% true. They end up being self entitled, rude, and downright mean to those they don't care about. Individually I'm sure they can be great, but as a pledge class they are notoriously cliquey and unwelcoming.

AXO: I really like them. I don't know any AXOs previously, but I've been having great conversation there. (cont in comments)

Posted By: sophomore pnm
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I like that about them. They just want to have a good time. But, too much of a “good time” can be a bad thing, especially for me because I really value my education here. Not saying they’re all stupid, they aren’t. But everyone knows they’ll drop everything and party whenever. They aren’t very involved in the Greek community, and I just might be looking for something with a little more structure and reliability. But I can’t get past the fact that I really connect with a lot of the girls. I’m hoping to get a better gauge on who I hope to choose when the time comes, but I think I won’t know for sure until all the way to the end of recruitment.

If you read all of this, I hope you understand these are just my thoughts and I wanted to share them not to influence you, but to give any of the freshman pnms out there some insight. Good luck with rush and in my heart of hearts I hope everyone finds a home where they feel comfortable, welcome, and somewhere that they can grow! xoxo

By: sophomore pnm
#2by:    

Also: I understand that I only mentioned my "top" choices as of now. There are still lots of other sororities that I ranked and hope to go back to, so if you want to discuss those please comment and ill do my best to provide any input if you want it!

By: sophomore pnm
#3by:    

I wasn't as impressed with Pi Phi as you and not a lot of my friends were either, so its nice hearing the positive feedback

By: another pnm
#4by:    

OMG this is exactly how I felt about all the sororities that it's scary. Haha but ya pretty accurate

By: Guest

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.