facebook

did anyone else feel uncomfortable with zeta philo

by:    

I like that they really seemed to have a connection with their philanthropy and they seem like a good group of ladies, but I'm a little freaked out by the the Susan G. Komen thing. I'm a very quiet about it prolife person and I don't like the connection with Susan G. Komen. I'm really torn about this. Is this bothering anyone else? I didn't want to publicly bring it up, cause I don't want people not liking me.

Posted By: Is it just me?
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Then don't join zeta

By: Uh
#2by:    

Google "zeta tau alpha" and Susan G Koman. The first article talks about how they decided to not renew their partnership with Susan G Koman next year, but breast cancer will remain their philanthropy. I was kinda freaked out too at first

By: ....
#3by:    

My parents are Buddhist. I don't practice, but it is in my heart. Buddhist do believe that life begins at conception. We don't stand on corners screaming it, but we do try to live our life compassionately. This was upsetting to me that this is their charity group because it did make me feel unwelcomed. I really liked Zeta until that point. Like the person who posted before, I don't feel like I can talk about this publicly because I don't want people thinking I'm a zealot. Very disappointing for me, because I thought sororities welcomed all religions.

By: Okay
by: actually   

Most sororities have Christian roots but all are welcoming of any religious affiliation

By: actually
#4by:    

Breast cancer has nothing to do with conception so what are you even talking about?

By: Breast cancer

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#5by:    

ZTA is not affiliated with Susan G Koman. The race for the cure is just an event some Zetas participated in because their philanthropy is race for the cure. Thats what the girl I talked to explain to me.

By: Not partnered
#6by:    

Now I get it. Zeta is Breast Cancer awareness NOT Susan G. Komen. Good to know.

By: okay
#7by:    

Yes, Zeta's philanthropy is "breast cancer awareness and education", it's not Race for the Cure or Susan G. Komen. Those are just events that many girls have gone to in the past. Not quite sure why anyone would think this has to do with conception or religion .......... Also, like stated above, Zeta is no longer even affiliated with Susan G. Komen

By: hi

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.