facebook

grades

by:    

If I'm rushing with a GPA that's a bit lower (2.7...I know, it's bad) than the required for the sorority(ies) I like, but I know some girls and they like me, and I feel like I'll be really confident during rush...how will this affect me? I know GPA is mostly considered during the Open House round cuts, but during review do the sororities see a low GPA and just automatically cut you? Or is there a chance I'd be kept for the next round? Thanks!

Posted By: sororities
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Sororities don't care at all as long as it's above their specific chapter gpa that is required for all new members. Some sororities cut automatically if you have below a 2.8, some are 2.6, some keep it at the minimum 2.5. You'll be cut automatically from chapters with the 2.8 gpa requirement, but I'm pretty sure that's the highest it goes. You'll be fine for everyone else. We really don't care what your gpa is as long as it's above minimum.

By: reality

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

Some automatically have to cut you if you are below a 2.8 like Theta and I'm pretty sure DG and Pi Phi automatically have to cut if you're below a 2.7? I can't remember, I just am trying to recall from rushing last year. Others can be more lenient and take a few grade risks each rush, so it really depends on the chapter. The one thing about it is that you can't take it personally, because chances are these sororities would have loved to keep you if it wasn't for your gpa!

By: Cut from some
#3by:    

Usually it says in the pamphlet they give you what the required sorority GPAs are. You'll probably get cut from a few that require a 2.8 but I'm pretty sure that's the highest it goes. And all cuts will be after open house so you don't need to worry about it starting second round.

By: fyi

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.