facebook

rush

by:    

Do sororities judge pnms based on weight? Like if you fit in and are a fun person and pretty enough/have good clothes/etc. would a not-Miami-perfect body keep you from getting a bid?

Posted By: nervous
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

The top tiers have a the "hottest girls" but Miami is known for having hot girls in general so any sorority will have pretty girls

By: well
#2by:    

There are like three thetas in their last pledge class that definitely don't have perfect bodies and yet they are in theta. They act just like the others so they must not completely go on looks

By: Nooe
#3by:    

If you have an awesome personality you'll at least get a bid. the top-tier sororities do seem to have a body type that they prefer, though

By: ya
#4by:    

I've looked this up online a little bit and although it is not Miami specific it is relevant to this conversation. Basically if you are worried about your weight your personality in conversations could suffer because you are nervous. I have no idea how big the OP is, but regardless it is important to be in clothes that fit you and flatter you and be confident. Kickoff starts in a few days so it is too late to lose weight safely and a lot of overweight girls have body image issues that could affect their personality even after they lose weight. If it makes you feel better look up pictures of the sororities on facebook. I know ChiO and AOPi have a couple girls without the "Miami body" just from looking at pictures (not trying to say anything bad about those sororities, for all I know they just have a more honest person in charge of their facebook page).

By: Guest
#5by:    

This is from a guy. No matter how many tumblr posts, pictures on websites whatever, you see of all these sorority with only "Miami" body type girls in it, every single sorority has girls that don't fit the "Miami" mold, there are some that are more strict on body type than others, but like another poster said, even Theta has girls that don't fit the "Miami" body type. Just be yourself, let your personality shine, dress well and I'm sure you will be fine. Just keep an open mind with he sororities and I am sure you will get a bid.

By: From a Guy
#6by:    

Discrimination based on size isn't going away anytime soon. Sadly, it is still legal in this part of the country. Here is the deal: EVERY sorority has bigger girls - They just hide them in the tumblr photos (nice hah), or they might even hide them during rush. Just be yourself (don't try to lose weight in a few days, like that idiot above said), dress well, try not be defensive about your weight and just focus on the positive, and sell all the great qualities that you have. The reality is that most of America is larger. If they want to stay in business, sororities are going to have to accept bigger girls.

By: honest

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: not an idiot   

I said not too because it would be dangerous. I apologize if my poor grammar (it was kind of early in the day still) led you to believe otherwise, but I said there was not enough time to do it safely and that it shouldn't be attempted and that confidence was more important than anything else.

By: not an idiot
#7by:    

i think someone above mentioned this, but no, a lot of top tier sororities take girls that don't have perfect bodies or the "miami girl" image. Theta has girls in their pledge class that don't fit the "looks" bill, but their personality matches the rest of the girls. DG tends to target friend groups, so even if you have some drop dead gorgeous friends (which i'm sure you are too) don't feel inferior because they fill in with personality- only girls. Aphi sometimes can get a little shallow, a lot of times they ONLY focus on going for the hottest pledge class. They only showcased the prettiest women in their rush video. However just be yourself and it will be enough for any sorority if you're the right fit.

By: don't worry

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.