facebook

sorority bids

by:    

Since AGD is no longer participating in formal recruitment, does that mean everyone still gets a bid? Assuming that they maximize their options.

Posted By: Sorority bidd
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

According to the pamphlet, yes, everyone still gets a bid if they make it through to pref round.

By: .
#2by:    

Yeah AOPi or tri delt will just become where all the leftovers go

by: ok   

wow that's really rude

By: ok
by: I mean...   

It is rude, but think about it. With more girls rushing and less sororities in formal recruitment (no AGD and AE phi) this will negatively impact the lower tier sororities

By: I mean...
by: .   

Actually, to be honest, it means less girls are probably going to make it to pref round. The lower tier is going to get a lot more competitive with each other, which it probably needs, and the girls who would otherwise have only gotten AGD for pref will probably be cut from recruitment before the last round. You're only guaranteed a bid if you make it all the way to pref- sororities have no obligation to invite you back to each round.

by: HM   

^ yeah i think that the lower sororities can make bigger cuts & then agd will take all of the girls who suicided & didnt get a bid or dropped out

By: HM
by: ^   

AGD was always kind of a safety net- even if you got cut from every other chapter there was very little chance you'd get cut by them, so girls usually made it all the way to pref if they didn't drop out. AOPi, Tri Delt, Chi O, and ADPi will probably have the same quality girls as usual or follow the same trends they have been for the past few years. It's just going to be more likely for girls to get cut from rush completely. On the plus side, there are probably going to be less girls suiciding because every sorority left is pretty decent, no matter what people on this site seem to say.

By: ^
by: Guest   

The second person to comment may be right. AGD made quota back when AEPhi did formal recruitment. Since quota amounts are based on how many girls are rushing there might still be one sorority who has trouble making quota and therefore has to take the "leftovers" (btw I think the word leftovers was what people considered rude) and will be trapped in a declining spiral until it too drops out of formal recruitment.

By: Guest
#3by:    

AOPi will definitely hava an impact. It's having only one sorority left or having only the "worst" sorority left that girls have a problem with. So if they only have AOPi and another sorority left girls will still probably suicide the other sorority just so they don't end up with the bottom. Plus agd and AOPi are like the same sorority. Same social life/ involvement/looks, AOPi is just bigger

By: Aopii

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#4by:    

Rush will actually be more complicated this year. In the past, AGD really didn't cut anyone, so lots of girls would get asked back to only AGD instead of not getting asked back at all. So this year, more girls won't get asked back to anywhere. It probably won't be a HUGE number, but last year 165 girls withdrew before preference, and I'd guess about 65 of those were girls who only got asked back to AGD. So more girls will get cut completely.

By: Rush

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.