facebook

just wondering

by: uh

Is it common for fraternities to cut guys while pledging even after they get a bid? And if so what happens to the guys who get cut?

Posted By: uh
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: yes   

in the last couple years it seems that Sig Pi and Theta Chi have a reputation of overbidding, and starting with a pledge class of 40+. They then trim the pledge class down to 30-35. This is because they're known to not have a very in depth rush process, and give bids fairly easily... allowing some weirder kids to slip through the cracks.

Phi Psi and KA have less of a reputation of cutting kids after pledging has started. It seems like they have a more in-depth rush process and start and finish with pledge classes of 30-35.

Phi Tau and SAE haven't had the luxury of cutting very many kids throughout pledging over the last couple years because they are already limited on pledge class numbers.

If you get cut from a fraternity, you can either rush the following fall (but none of the good fraternities do fall rush). or you can wait until the following spring and re-rush another fraternity.

By: yes
by: ?Jan 19, 2015 1:14:29 PM

You do realize if 5+ pledges "drop" every year, the fraternity would be investigated and probably kicked off for hazing

By: ?
#2  by: I   

I've heard instances of Sig Pi cutting a lot kids. Idk if it's true or what

By: I
#3  by: Ya   

Sig pi and theta chi both had 5 or 6 kids drop last year

By: Ya

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.