facebook

rush week

by: pnm

is going out during rush period not allowed...if so why?

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: .   

No it's not allowed, at least for girls. Really it's just to make sure you have your priorities in order and to make sure you're well rested for recruitment. They tell you that if sorority girls see you out during recruitment that reflects badly on you- like you'd risk getting kicked out of rush to go to bars, which means you could be a potential risk to the image/wellbeing of the chapter. To be honest, you're probably not going to want to go out anyway. The process is exhausting and when I went through I pretty much went straight to my dorm every day.

By: .
by: YepJan 14, 2015 10:23:03 AM

Agreed. You're not going to even WANT to go out during rush because of how exhausted you will be. Late nights and early mornings. Emotionally and physically exhausting.

By: Yep
#2  by: pnm   

Okay, thank you !!

By: pnm
#3  by: YES   

You could get kicked out of recruitment if somebody sees you out. Don't risk it

By: YES
#4  by: Ugh rush   

Ditto to everything here, rush is literally exhausting I don't know anyone (even the biggest of partiers) who would even have the energy to go out during rush. You get to bed by like 1 am and then have to wake up at 6 (honestly depends on your schedule though). The point is, you're talking to a bunch of girls non stop all day on 5-6 hours of sleep for 2 weekends straight. Do yourself a favor and stay in.

By: Ugh rush
#5  by: so   

my friends birthday is the thursday before rush starts and she is rushing also, would it be a bad idea to go out or are we really not supposed to?

By: so
by: idiotJan 15, 2015 11:29:09 AM

last time I checked the week before rush week isn't rush week so that should answer your question.

By: idiot

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.