facebook

greek comparison

by:    

How would you compare miami's Greek life to Greek life in the south? My childhood best friend is in a sorority at Alabama and it's crazy down there...is it the same at all at miami?

Posted By: 2019
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

We take Greek life seriously, but not as much as them. At Alabama it's more about status, here its more about fun.

By: uhh

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: agreed    

I agree with the person above. But our rush process is just as competitive.

By: agreed
by: eh   

I wouldn't say our rush process is as competitive. In the south they are known to give bids senior year in some places. What are known as old world fraternities and sororities will only accept you if your dad makes over x amount, you attended a specific prep school, etc. It's not like that at all here. I'd say we only go as far as basing decisions off of looks, gpa, and if you'd like to incorporate how people dress as an example of socio economic status, then that too.

By: eh
by: But   

But it still should be. There are some who do care about those factors, in addition to some others that contribute to your overall status.

By: But

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.