facebook

going greek

by:    

I'm rushing this year and all I ever seem to hear about on campus and on Greek Rank is the top 6 sororities. Not saying these are bad organizations, but I'm really not interested in joining because they're hot or popular with frats. What are some sororities that would be a good choice for someone who wants a solid sisterhood and more than just socials out of Greek life? I guess what I'm asking is what sororities genuinely like each other and get along well?

Posted By: Freshman
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I'm in one of the "top 6" houses and my honest answer is that every single house generally gets along. If there really were super catty chapters, then members would drop and wouldn't pay thousands of dollars over the course of their college career to remain a member. There are "cliques" within every pledge class, simply because there are 60 girls in pledge classes now and it'd be impossible to be absolute best friends with each girl. That doesn't mean that you can't be friendly with each girl, however. Basically, to get the best result for yourself from recruitment, just go through with an open mind and pick which house you feel at home at and can see yourself living with the girls - each house has a distinct personality and something great to offer! Good luck, I'm so excited you've decided to go Greek!

By: MiamiGreek

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

Honestly, all sororities get along with each other. Otherwise there would be major issues across the board. Ignore literally everything you see on this website going into recruitment because absolutely none of it is going to be helpful. It's best to gauge for yourself what sororities fit you. If you're looking for girls that are more into academics than partying, then you might want to look into Chi O or ADPi. If you want eclectic and funny sisters you might want to look at G Phi or Tri Delt. It's really all in your personal preferences.

By: .
#3by:    

I can see what you are saying, the top 6 are not for everybody. But they do have a good sisterhood and get along, as do all sororities. Phi Mu is known to have sweet, down to earth girls. ADPi and Chi O are smart and nice. Tri Delt is easy going. GPhi is a diverse mix of girls. Each sorority has something different to offer.

By: agree

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.