facebook

rush question frats

by:    

So I've heard this from so many people and on here, just need some advice. So everyone tells me that if I don't get any of my top options to just Rush Pike the last day and if I'm semi normal they will bid me? I've hung out with them a few times and they're just weird af.

My question: is it better to just not join greek life than just join pike for the heck of it? I know I would get a bid bc the recruitment chair literally texts and emails me daily but I just wanna know if being a geed sucks that much. Thanks

Posted By: Freshman
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I agree pike sucks, but I would rather be in a fraternity than nothing. You will have more to do and if you hate it that much just drop or just use it for the parties.

Then again I'm not sure how bad it is being in pike. They're really weird guys but it really comes down to you man

By: Hmmmm
#2by:    

Also pikes not the only frat that gives out bids like candy. There are other up and coming fraternities like TKE and even pi kapp that may be lower than pike at this moment, but have more potential over your four years. Depends on what you want.

Pike is not getting any better and already have an awful reputation among other fraternities. These lower Guys like TKE still are writing their own chapter, so it good go good or bad

By: Also
#3by:    

Honestly you would be much better off to rush fraternities considered "lower" than Pike anyway. "Tiers" are stupid, they change so often, and mean nothing. Pick where you fit. if you wanna be "Top Tier" so damn bad you would rush Pike just to be in someone "relevant" even though you hate the guys... you probably shoud reconsider your priorities, there are fraternities ranked much lower than pike that are much more fun, they are still just up and coming. So remember Rankings arent everything, if you Rush by rankings, by the time you are a junior or senior, you might be looking back with a lot of regret.

By: Honesty is Golden

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#4by:    

Dont rush Pike just for the heck of it. Unless you fit in with that group of weirdos, it will be a waste of your money. Pike gets not respect from any other fraternity on campus, including the very bottom tier. They act like they are cooler than they are...

If you are going to rush a fraternity just for the sake of being in one I would look at Pi Kapp or TKE... someone like that. They may not have the best social status, but have more potential than pike and are more respected than Pike because they accept where they are and what they are

By: Ehhh

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.