facebook

rushing a lower tier frat?

by:    

I've met a lot of brothers in lower tier frats (Lambda Chi, Alpha Sig, etc...) that seem like great people. Is rushing a lower tier frat really as big of a deal as everyone on here makes it seem? Just curious how different "lower and top tier" frats are from each other, and what kind of an impact joining one or the other would have on the rest of my time at Miami.

Posted By: A
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

it really doesnt matter what social tier your fraternity is in once you're involved in greek life. i'm in what many would call a middle tier sorority so i dont know about fraternities, but since sophomore year (i'm a senior) i havent cared at all about what tier i'm in. I just like my sisters and thats all that matters. some of the coolest and most down to earth guys i know are in what this site would call "bottom tier". as for what fraternity to rush, i would pick one that you fit in the best at. i would stray away from fraternities like delta sig, alpha sig, and zbt however; they have a bad reputation amongst sororities for being creepy with girls. I know a lot of guys in chi psi and lambda chi, they are my favorite fraternities by far and they both have average reputations with girls, especially considering the "tier" they're in.

By: eh
by: Spot on   

This girl gets it right, most honest answer Ive seen on this site. Rush where you fit, but certain lower tiers are classier than others, I agree completely with the lower fraternities she like and ones she dislikes, id say figure out what is best for you, and ignore tiers, by the time you are a junior or senior what matters is your brothers and the friendships youve made, not what your "tier" is. Sophomores are the only ones who care about "tiers"

By: Spot on
by: Truetrue   

Great post... and even better that Lambda Chi and Chi psi are basically the same frat... they'll probably even end up sharing the same house

By: Truetrue
by: .   

I'm the same (middle-tier sorority girl), and I agree. I even know some great guys in Alpha Sig and ZBT. It's all about where you fit and finding guys that you can hang with every day.

By: .
by: Ummm   

No you're not the same girl....I am? ^^^

By: Ummm
by: .   

Lol no I meant I'm the same as in a middle tier sorority girl, sorry for the confusion

By: .
#2by:    

I rushed clueless of how anything worked. Didn't know about this site, didn't attend more than 2 recruitment events, tiers, reputations, houses. If I had known them I probably would not have rushed the ones I did and probably would not be Greek today. The "Lower Tier" are usually smaller, newer, houseless, or just have the misfortune of people talking about them with no real first hand experience. I find it kinda sad that people say SigEp is a bunch of dumb meat heads or that DeltaSig is creepy when its all taken out of context and they both have great guys. At their core every fraternity and sorority are the same. They all have people you will hate, love, think are weird, they all party, have socials, formals etc. My recommendation to you is ask yourself what matters to you i.e. a house, philanthropy, brotherhood. Rush the fraternities that you know fit that mold and accept the bid to the one you got along with the brothers the most. Lastly, judge for yourself fraternities will lie to you and pressure you to accept your bid on the spot.

By: Lower Tier?

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.