facebook

legacies and rush

by:    

Do legacies help to get into top Sororities? Double Legacy? etc

Posted By: ???
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

so different sororities have different policies on how they treat legacies, but i feel like over all at Miami, legacy status is not NEARLY as important as it is at other schools. You will not get a bid from a top house based on legacy status alone, but if you were to make it to pref round, you WOULD probably be placed on the bid list above the cut.

Basically, it's very similar to rec letters at Miami-- it can help you get your foot in the door, but it's really not considered very seriously (although legacy status is more important than a rec letter).

By: depends
#2by:    

It doesn't hurt. I came into rush as a legacy to Theta, DG, AND Pi Phi, which definitely helped in the first couple of rounds, but I ended up joining a middle-tier sorority. Overall if you're the type of girl they're looking for, that's where you'll end up. Just don't limit yourself to just the top sororities- they're still very very selective and every single sorority on this campus has great qualities. I ended up really happy where I am and there's no way I would have fit in nearly as well if I had joined one of those three.

By: .

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.