facebook

rushing as a sophomore?

by: soph

I'm a sophomore and I didn't rush last year because i had to go home a lot because i had some things going on, however i wish i would have been able to. Is it too late to rush as a sophomore? I keep getting mixed answers and i just want someone to tell me if it'd be a waste or embarrassing if I rush as a sophomore, and do I even have a chance at this point?

Posted By: soph
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: yes   

I got a bid as a sophomore and I LOVE my sorority. I probably would have been "top tier" as fresh person and I'm middle tier because I went through a year later. A lot of girls from top tier came up to me and told me that they begged their advisors to let me in, but the bean counters won out and dropped me because I won't pay for four years. I'm honestly okay with it. I love my house and it is all good. Go in with an open mind.

By: yes
by: yeahOct 11, 2014 6:16:01 PM

Sorry as a girl currently in a top tier, that didn't happen

By: yeah
by: yeah aboveOct 12, 2014 3:57:22 AM

do you speak for all 6 top tiers? don't think so.

By: yeah above
by: uhOct 12, 2014 8:16:35 AM

You keep telling yourself that

By: uh
by: ^Oct 13, 2014 11:10:48 AM

So are you saying that a sophomore or junior can get a bid to a top tier?

By: ^
#2  by: uh   

Well juniors can't really get bids anywhere, but in regards to sophomores, that's the opposite of what I'm saying. Sophomores can get bids to the top tiers pretty much no problem if you're cool. I'm just saying to the girl above that the girls who "begged the bean counters to let her in" are probably lying because if a sorority likes a sophomore girl they'll give her a bid. I know girls in literally each of the top 6 who were bidded as sophomores. It's not that unheard of

by: ^Oct 13, 2014 1:01:51 PM

Can juniors and or transfers get a bid to any sorority?

By: ^
by: uhOct 13, 2014 1:39:30 PM

I know AGD took a few juniors during fall recruitment last year, and maybe Tridelt, but I think that's about it I'm sorry. Transfer sophomores have a pretty good chance, but nobody really bids juniors. I'm sorry but I would still go out and try!

by: uhOct 13, 2014 1:39:30 PM

I know AGD took a few juniors during fall recruitment last year, and maybe Tridelt, but I think that's about it I'm sorry. Transfer sophomores have a pretty good chance, but nobody really bids juniors. I'm sorry but I would still go out and try!

#3  by: OxMox   

Yes go out and rush wherever you want, but dont suicide it and change your story (or make sure its clear) because nobody wants to give bids to guys that go home a lot and just blew it off last year...if you're dad was in the hospital with serious health issues, thats probably understandable.

By: OxMox
#4  by: hi   

If you're a girl, go for it! 100%. I'm in a "top tier" sorority and we take sophomores all the time, there is so much more to the process than just your age!

By: hi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.