facebook

sororties

by: ..

Alpha Chi Omega (AXO or A Chi O) - Really wide range of personalities. they all get along well and like to party.
Philanthropy: Domestic Violence Awareness

Alpha Delta Pi (Adpi) - Very sweet girls, even though they don't go out as much they are still very outgoing.
Philanthropy: Ronald McDonald House.

Alpha Gamma Delta (AGD) - These girls are so genuine. Their pledge classes are small so they get to know each other really well.
Philanthropy: They have their own AGD Foundation. They support several causes but do a lot for Juvenile Diabetes research.

Alpha Omicron Pi (Aopi) - Aopis really appreciate their sisterhood, and are nice to everyone.
Philanthropy: Arthritis Research and Education

Alpha Phi - Upbeat and social girls who like to have a good time.
Philanthropy: Alpha Phi foundation, they do a lot with women's heart health.

Chi Omega - Best GPA of all of the sororities. They are intelligent, hard working and well rounded girls.
Philanthropy: Make-A-Wish Foundation

Delta Delta Delta (Tri Delt)- Tri Delt is cool because the chapter was founded only last year so the girls in it now get to form how it will be for the rest of it's legacy on campus. Because of this they're all pretty close and a diverse bunch.
Philanthropy: Children's cancer research

Delta Gamma - Always fun and extremely outgoing. These girls are all over the place. It's pretty funny.
Philanthropy: Service for Sight. They fund research for visual impairment and blindness.
(Cont…)

Posted By: ..
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: No Flex Zone   

No one will admit it but the only things that matter at Miami are attractiveness, who is fun at parties, and what fraternities you party with. In that regard, there is an obvious hierarchy. Hell half the philanthropies at Miami for sororities and fraternities (POTH, BITI, etc) are just excuses for people to get drunk anyways.

Realistically

Some combination of Theta, Pi Phi, DG, AXO, APhi, DZ- They all have the vast majority (not all) of the attractive girls who party (pretty) hard with the same 7-8 houses

Then, Zeta and Kappa, have a good amount of pretty attractive girls too, but not as many as the other six. Also party and sometimes with the same fraternities as the first six

Then, some combination of KD, Gamma Phi, and Phi Mu: Very hit or miss, some girls are attractive, some aren't. Some girls party hard, some girls don't. Rarely with the same fraternities as the first six and occasionally with the same as ZTA and KKG.

After that, I'm pretty clueless. My house never does anything with them. From what I have scene, they aren't that attractive. Not only do they not do anything with the good houses but they don't want to. They think the good houses are douche bags and would rather hang out with Chi Psi or Evans Scholars.

Say what you want, call me an a-hole, but the variables i listed matter and have major implications on the social scene at Miami.

By: No Flex Zone
by: GirlOct 11, 2014 9:00:00 PM

I'm in one of the sororities you didn't mention, and what you said about us isn't accurate at all. We have done things with mid to upper tier fraternities and we don't think negatively of them. We aren't judgmental like that and don't care about tiers. Also, you have no right to judge someone's attractiveness and we actually enjoy our philanthropy events. You admitted you are clueless, so you probably just shouldn't say anything.

By: Girl
#2  by: Re: No Flex Zone   

Wow, you sir, are so sad and I feel so sorry for you. This is the kind of attitude that is ruining our generation-an entitled attitude focused on getting the most attention, being the hottest, richest, etc.

Philanthropies provide members with an opportunity to take the focus off of themselves and onto others and give back. All sororities care about their philanthropy, and to some more than others, it is very near and dear to their hearts (that is not to say that others do not care!) It is incredible what a philanthropy can do to move a chapter and its members, as well as how much the community appreciates.

Perhaps you as an individual don't value philanthropy, but I am sure there is a brother of yours who does. Eventually, when you grow from a boy to a man (hopefully that will occur), you will realize the importance of philanthropy.

Finally, I must commend the original poster for creating such an uplifting list. Every single person has something positive to offer, and so does each chapter. What this young man has said about the "rankings" is not only inaccurate, as I know beautiful women in sororities he did not mention, sororities he did not mention who hang around great fraternities, and sorority women he did mention who hang around great fraternities, but it pollutes the positive atmosphere the original poster created.

By: Re: No Flex Zone
#3  by: s   

some of these philanthropies are so irrelevant

By: s

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.