facebook

sororities and fraternities

by: Honestly

I posted this on another thread as a comment but I felt like I should repost it as it's own discussion. So many freshman are misinformed and need to get that Greek life (as far as the top tiers) is generally divided in 2 and you will INSTANTANEOUSLY understand it when you rush, and some of you already do from getting out there. But the thing about the top tiers is that you're either one kind of guy or another, you either hang out with one half of the sororities or another. You're either a KA, SigPi, Fiji, sigep kinda guy or a phi psi, phi tau, SAE, theta chi kinda guy except theta chi is more universal of the bunch. The first group hangs out with theta and alpha phi and DZ more and the second group hangs out with DG, pi phi, AXO more. It depends on the type of girl you like to party with (or vice versa) and the type of person you are. Just how it is around here. Not saying others never hang out but it's pretty clear that this is how it is.

Posted By: Honestly
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ehhh   

I don't really agree with this at all. First of all Sigep and Fiji are not top tier. Secondly, the most similar top tier frats are sig pi and theta chi.

By: ehhh
by: So true Sep 23, 2014 7:48:27 AM

This is honestly the most accurate post I've ever seen on here. And it doesn't matter if YOU don't think those fraternities are top tier, they hang out with all the top tier sororities the original poster mentioned. Sigep and Fiji both hang with Alpha Phi and DZ all the time and the younger guys hang with Theta. I'm not arguing what tier anyone is, I'm saying generally this post is accurate.

By: So true
#2  by: Guest   

I don't 100% agree with this but I totally see what you're saying and there's definitely truth to it. Except Id probably take out Fiji and replace them with phi delt, even though they kinda hang with everyone. And to the person above: how are theta chi and SigPi alike at all...?

By: Guest
#3  by: 100% agree   

I'm in one of those fraternities you mentioned and I agree with just about everything you said. Even the Sigma Pi- Theta Chi comparison I would say is true. Freshmen should worry about the reputation of the fraternity they are joining, but only to a certain extent. And the last place they should look to distinguish what is the "top house" is this gossip website. Quite frankly I'm sure all the top tier fraternities think they are the top dog, including mine. When it comes down to it, kids rushing should join a house with a good reputation and sensible pledging. Not easy, but sensible. And most importantly, they should join a house where they feel comfortable. If they feel comfortable at a middle tier and out of place at a top tier, middle tier is the way to go.

By: 100% agree
by: 100% agreeSep 23, 2014 9:53:21 PM

Also to add on to what I said, as long as your brothers are your best friends that's what matters most. A lot of the time I would rather be hanging out with Kappa, Zeta, etc than some of the "top" sororities

By: 100% agree

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.