facebook

how does fraternity rush work?

by:    

I went to grilling at the greeks and put my info down for a lot of fraternities, but there are a lot I am interested in checking out that weren't there. How do these fraternities invite people to rush events? I'm talking about KA, Phi Psi, Sig Pi, etc. Also, what fraternities only recruit people they know from high school or legacies and don't really even have a true rush process?

Posted By: Freshman
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Go to open houses. Meet some people. Go to their parties. Meet more people. If they like you they'll invite you to some other things. There are also plenty of people who go into formal rush having done none of those things and get bids. A couple frats might give a couple bids to legacies and high school friends, but the majority of pledge classes won't be. My advice: don't set all your sights on "top tier frats". Aim high for one but then look at some other ones. The worst thing that can happen is you suicide rush the top tiers and get dinged at all of them, and end up a GDI for a whole year.

By: no

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Frosh   

What are some good ways to find out about open houses and meet brothers? I have been to a few parties, but not from some of the fraternities I really want to check out. I want to talk to some "top tier" fraternities because i might fit in. And if I don't then I won't waste valuable actual rush time there and I'll go to the houses I might actually join. I guess I'm just worried that I don't know how and where to meet brothers, and if I don't meet them now, I might not find the place for me.

By: Frosh

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.