facebook

kappa

by:    

Is it just me or does kappa seem to be like two separate sororities completely? They are split into two groups, one group that's pretty, parties, and has fun and another group that's cute, religious, and not really into going out. I know that most sororities have a wide variety of girls, but Kappas seem to be completely one or the other. My roommate from last year was a Kappa and she told me that both halves of their pledge class don't even really get along- they have two GroupMes going, which seems crazy to me and they call the quieter half of their pledge class "The God Squad." Everyone on here seems to talk about Kappa like they are all fun and pretty and nice, but the ones I have met do not fit that description at all, especially considering the amount of means things I have heard the "partying" kappas say about the quieter ones. I don't know it just seems to me like Kappa is basically two sororities crammed under one name. Has anyone else noticed this?

Posted By: Jw
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Wait I've actually always thought the same thing. Not to mention half of them are cute and the other half are very questionable. Kappa is extremely split and their sisterhood is not great between the two halves.

By: Yea
#2by:    

who cares? their business

By: meh
by: Yes   

Exactly. Kappa is irrelevant

By: Yes
#3by:    

Can confirm that 'god squad' is a term I've heard Kappas use in a derogatory fashion against sisters

By: Haha
#4by:    

I can definitely agree. I was an RA for freshmen this year and there were a bunch of girls that went kappa on my floor. Half of them were crazy party girls, half were quiet and pretty awkward. They never spoke, it was weird.

By: ya

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#5by:    

Lol Why do you care so much?? Let kappa just do their own thing like usual. As far as I'm concerned their stereotype is more that they love each other too much than that they don't get along

By: ?
by: Um   

But why is that their stereotype if it's clearly not true? I used to think that too until I actually became friends with a few kappas and it was clear their sisterhood was awful. PNM's have a right to know what they're getting themselves into

By: Um
#6by:    

I see what you mean, but my best friend is a kappa and i think yeah they're divided, but overall they still have a good sisterhood. She's not close with everyone, but i mean she's close with a bigger chunk of her sorority than i am mine

By: But
#7by:    

At least they all have anorexia in common

By: lol
#8by:    

I totally agree with this. There is 2 groups. and they all take littles within the 2 groups

By: agree
#9by:    

From what I heard kappa gets along better than most sororities even though they have different types of girls

by: ?   

^^ my roommate was a kappa and they only had one girl drop. I agree they don't have the sisterhood but they're known for, but at the same time I'd say they have an about the same level of sisterhood as most sororities do, and i think the person who posted this whole topic is probably just trying to make kappa look bad. Kappa's nice. They're not the hottest, but they're good. Their girls are nice enough, and I know my roommate is really happy, and she's said she really likes the sisterhood.

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.