facebook

competition

by:    

How difficult is it to get a bid from a sorority here, versus either Ohio State or Ohio Wesleyan? Just curious

Posted By: curious
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Miami is by far the most difficult of the three. Miami has one of the most competitive all around greek systems in the North and takes it extremely seriously. The process is more traditional and "Southern" than any other schools in the midwest.

Ohio State is also pretty competitive, especially for the top sororities. The girls there overall aren't as attractive as Miami girls, so it would probably be easier for a Miami girl to get a bid to an OSU sorority. They also don't take themselves nearly as seriously as Miami

Honestly, don't know much about OWU, besides the fact that its a small school with a pretty serious greek system for its side. I know a bunch of weird-hippie-liberal girls who went there and still got bids so I assume its not too difficult.

OWU could be a challenge because of the lack of chapters/size. Unlike Miami and OSU where there is enough chapters for most girls to get a bid somewhere (if everyone didn't rush like idiots and only try to only get into the top houses only to fall short and end up on the outside), OWU does not have as many sororities to rush and many of the one's that are there are very small and do not look to take many people.

By: Guest
#2by:    

Miami far surpasses both schools. It's extremely cut-throat, and you're lucky to even get a bid to a lower-mid sorority. Miami grooms its sorority women a certain way in that they come out a certain way after graduating.

Regarding the above, OSU sororities aren't hard to get into. Their "top" sororities (if you can even call them that in a weak Greek system) would be lower-mid to bottom tier sororities at Miami. It's a big state school with second rate girls.

OWU is private but isn't that great of a school anyway. It's Greek system is eh and therefore doesn't pale in comparison to Miami's.

By: MIAMI
by: Guest   

woah there, not true. Miami is obviously more difficult and im in what is considered a top tier here, but I have a lot of friends at OSU and you gotta realize they have WAY more girls to choose from there, so their top tiers can handpick the prettiest girls. Miami has a higher ratio of pretty girls, but OSU has way more and can be more selective. I'd say all the big 10 schools including like Michigan and IU have competitive rush.

By: Guest
by: Redhawk   

Miami's Greek system surpasses many schools. It is an excellent system that definitely develops those who participate in it. Even going through the rush process alone shapes Miamis women so they come out a certain way after graduating. Miami a Greek life is unique because each sorority/fraternity seems to have its own brand and it's really all about finding the right fit. It's a great system that must definitely be recognized.

By: Redhawk
by: @redhawk   

That might be true for the sororities, but a lot of the fraternities are much more similar than they are different, especially within each respective 'tier'.

By: @redhawk
#3by:    

I have no clue. I never went to Miami. I just visited a lot and had friends who went Greek. Take my opinion with a grain of salt.

By: Re: @redhawk

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.