facebook

PNM Needing Advice

by: syd

I signed up for recruitment and that was a long app. I starting thinking how is anyone really going to get to know my values in a 15 min party? I know I won't be able to know their values. Then they will decide if I am a fit and possibly invite me back. I am beginning to think I wasted my money. I had to vent.

Posted By: syd
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ggirl   

OP, they will not get to know you that well or your values in 15 minutes. It is a quick conversation and then you are out the door. The sorority votes. You may get invited back and you may not. Some people think it is fair and others do not. It really is out of your control. Go through the process and see how it goes for you.

By: ggirl
by: sykAug 3, 2023 1:59:37 PM

Just try and have fun. Meet some new people.

By: syk
by: marmarAug 3, 2023 2:47:08 PM

This is why people hate recruitment and sororities. They don't even get to choose what groups they want. Just go in with a great attitude and try and have fun. It's a great way to start the semester and move in early.

By: marmar
#2  by: maya   

Trust the process (just keep repeating it to yourself)

By: maya
by: llllAug 11, 2023 9:29:50 AM

I went in with a good heart and was dumped by all of my groups, but the bottom two. I can tell you it is not values based. I have some values in me deep down. No one should be dropped by all of their groups after only one day. Impossible to get a feel of who you are in that short of time.

By: llll
#3  by: ut   

Never settle. You would end up dropping.

By: ut
#4  by: Happy   

I got dropped some and got my second choice on bid day and was open to trying something new, even though I didn’t get what I originally wanted. I wound up having a great experience and made great friends. Of course if it’s not a fit it’s not a fit, but giving other sororities a chance paid off for me and I would have never had guessed. I figured I didn’t like being dropped without anyone really knowing me so I’d give the other groups the benefit of the doubt too. Glad I did.

By: Happy
by: FyiAug 12, 2023 4:11:33 PM

At least you only got dropped by some and not flat out dropped like others. At least you had an option or two and gave it a shot. Good on you.

By: Fyi
#5  by: Happy   

I guess what I was trying to say was I stayed open minded with the “bottom tier”. Most people are left without options because they won’t consider them. I’m glad I did. The whole tier thing is nonsense and it’s no better than dropping PNM solely on looks. 💜

By: Happy
by: GOYAug 12, 2023 8:04:27 PM

@Happy I think it is great you posted. I think you are right that some people are left without options because they won't consider them, but I also think some people have a sense that they know they won't fit. Tiers have been around for ages and they will remain for ages. The tiers are created because the sororities select members for "superficial" reasons. They are the problem. Once they make changes and select members for other reasons only then will tiers disappear.

By: GOY
by: TusnAug 12, 2023 10:14:29 PM

Take a look at bid day pics tomorrow. There is one group that chooses mainly for looks. It's the same story every year. This is why there are tiers. They have lower grades, bad retention, and not well-liked by other groups, but they are possibly top tier. Let's see where they are at 5 years after graduation.

By: Tusn
by: GDI2Aug 13, 2023 7:34:52 AM

Are you talking about Zeta? Cough cough

By: GDI2
by: KDTAug 13, 2023 1:27:23 PM

Zeta picks them right of Instagram. Obvious.

By: KDT
#6  by: 1234   

Did you see the Zeta member class? Painful. Not sure what happened there. If that's the best it was slim picks.

By: 1234
by: 1234Aug 14, 2023 5:01:41 PM

I want to apologize to Zeta. I went to look at PM and KD too. Rough MC'23 in both.

By: 1234

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.