facebook

This is how recruitment works

by: mich

Sororities choose you!

You go in day #1 and are given your schedule
You talk to each group
You rank your favorites at end of day and choose alternates

Day #2 you return to sororities that invite you back from your ranking list. You may be given your alternates to fill your schedule. The process repeats again on day #2

You continue the process on Day #3 and ultimately rank your top two houses remaining

Bid Day you run home to the house that you match

Posted By: mich
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Stace   

Some current pnms need to be a bit more humble. You know who you are.

I knew of a girl that went through recruitment who was tall and slim, attractive, perfect grades, and leadership skills. She was dropped from all five groups she ranked. Several rho chis were blown away. It made absolutely no sense. She ended up without a bid.

Please don't think you are an invincible pnm. Liking only one group and stalking them and members on IG is obvious to all groups.

By: Stace
by: samJul 11, 2023 7:24:33 PM

They call it humble pie baby.

By: sam
#2  by: LMA   

This is also how it works.

Do we know you? Do we like you? If we do, you will move to the top of our "want" list. It's not all fair and I am just going to be honest.

I am also not going to tell you "trust the process" like so many involved people tell you. You can't put your faith in the process and trust it because it is really not fair. I prefer to say you land where you land.

Try to have fun and don't get too set on one group. You also shouldn't settle on a group if you know the fit is not there. You know you best.

By: LMA
#3  by: llll   

I took this advice and did not settle on one group. I was open to probably four groups. No one invited me back. Not one group thought enough of me in 20 minutes to invite me for a Day 2? I would be settling to go back to my bottom two. If anyone else is sad about your Day 1 just know you are not alone.

By: llll
by: utAug 11, 2023 10:44:43 AM

Girl, go to Keys tonight and have fun. You just saved yourself a ton of money that you can spend this year. None of the sororities put on that great of a show yesterday. I expected way more.

By: ut
#4  by: 00000   

I was dumped. What a way to start my first year in college. I had my alternates, but those were not a great fit judging from the first day. I was open to all the others. Rho Gamma told me to give them a chance, but I told her the other five did not give me a chance.

By: 00000
by: KirstAug 11, 2023 9:23:23 PM

Such a valid point. You were open to 5 groups. They weren't open to you and yet the rho gam wants you to be open to two that were far out there? Come on. You were wise to exit and avoid paying excessive cash to belong to a group that wasn't a decent fit.

By: Kirst
by: GDI2Aug 13, 2023 7:38:31 AM

Today will be tough because it's Bid Day and they love flashing their new merch and taking pics, but give it two weeks and you will start hearing the negatives about GL. The drops will slowly happen.

By: GDI2

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.