facebook

Confused PNM about membership

by: eaglepnm23

Can anyone explain why the sororities are posting about their philanthropies, events, and member pics now. Then they are saying see where your values align and if there is a fit. It's like they want you to get excited about a group you want, but I know I don't really have a choice because they vote on me. They don't really have time to get to know me before recruitment and I am not allowed to get to know any of them due to rules. It just seems off to me.

Posted By: eaglepnm23
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: zzzz   

I'll bite. It's called showbiz. It's their job to step it up to get you to go through recruitment. They want to make it look glossy so that they can keep their presence on campus. It is a business. The only problem with it that I have is as a pnm you do not get a chance to really get to know the groups well and you really don't get to choose which group you want to pay to belong to. They choose you.

By: zzzz
#2  by: Lola   

It’s mostly just to get girls excited for recruitment and give you and idea of each chapter! There are a lot of factors that go into voting so while we do vote on pnms, if one girl votes no and 3 others vote yes, you’ll still get through to another round with them assuming you voted that chapter high enough too. Don’t get too stressed out over it, even though chaptwrs vote on you, you still have a say in which chapter you like and which ones you wanna go back to the next day

By: Lola
by: limiJul 7, 2023 6:37:35 AM

@Lola, I agree with most of your points, but I am going to share what I learned from my experience. It doesn't matter how much a pnm likes a group until the last night and even then they may not get their top choice. A pnm needs to understand that and be ready for any outcome. They can put a group #1 all they want, but girls are voting on them and those votes count the most. A pnm doesn't have the most say.

By: limi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.