facebook

Worth Joining Greek Life

by: Bigq

Can anyone in Greek Life at FGCU tell me if it is worth joining? I have heard very few positive comments when I ask people. Seeking more feedback.

Posted By: Bigq
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Eags   

It depends what you want out of joining.

By: Eags
#2  by: izzy   

Wait a year. Get to know people in Greek organizations. See what it is like at FGCU and then decide. There is no penalty to go through recruitment as a sophomore.

By: izzy
by: laurenJun 1, 2023 7:49:50 AM

Yes, best advice!

By: lauren
#3  by: eagle!   

There are positives to belonging, but just make sure you want to follow rules, attend meetings and partake in events. You will be required to be an active participant and you can't make excuses. If you do not follow what is required of you, then you will go before the exec board. It is a time and money commitment, so think it through before going Greek.

By: eagle!
#4  by: opinion   

You don't have to belong to have a full experience at FGCU. I agree with the post above that says to take a year and adjust to college life. Meet a bunch of girls in Greek Life and see if it might be for you.

By: opinion
#5  by: Darr   

If you can afford it there are positives, but if you will struggle to pay I would say pass. You can have a great time at FGCU even if you don't belong.

By: Darr
#6  by: carrie   

If you are a social person it is worth joining. My only advice would be give yourself one year to get adjusted to campus and take a look at all groups over time. You will have a chance to meet members in class and on campus. It will help you see which group is a better fit for you. When you go through recruitment there is very little time to do just that and you are always rushed.

By: carrie
#7  by: meeks   

There is life at FGCU without being Greek, but I am not against it. Depends if you want to spend the money and belong to a group.

By: meeks

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.