facebook

Values Based Recruitment

by: Sydney

Can anyone please explain what this Values Based Recruitment means?

Posted By: Sydney
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Unknown   

Sounds like a way for the school to tell you who to recruit in order to please the administration.

By: Unknown
#2  by: Unknown   

Sounds like a way for the school to tell you who to recruit in order to please the administration.

#3  by: Picker   

VBR is a total joke. What you answer on that means absolutely nothing. It is a waste of time. Other poster is correct. It is just to please admin. There are groups that pick on how your IG looks, some pick on if you are attractive, others how you present yourself, and maybe some pick on conversation. Some groups choose girls ahead of time as a "short list" to zero in on during recruitment. There are also girls that get in because of connections. I bet zero get in on VBR.

By: Picker
#4  by: Unknown   

Middle aged Greek Life overseers want to create a sorority that they think they would want to join. They want you to make recruitment selections based on what they think is appropriate with no distinction made for superficial college-age preferences.

by: izzyMay 28, 2023 5:03:13 PM

Yes. We all know college-age females make superficial decisions. lol

By: izzy
#5  by: PPP   

Let's all do a VBR test that means absolutely nothing and then be chosen for our worthiness in a 15 minute party. Really contradictory. That is really great for a PNM's self-esteem. Go Greek!

By: PPP
#6  by: Darr   

Dumbest thing I have ever encountered. Taking a test to figure out my values? Stupid. Then having someone helping me to figure out values based questions to ask members. None of the members care about VBR. We all know they are not choosing members based on values. Cough cough

By: Darr
#7  by: gigi   

Yes, and that same dumb line they all shout out - TRUST THE PROCESS!

By: gigi
#8  by: 0213   

We all know members are chosen based on appearance and connections. It starts from the top tier and works its way down. It has nothing to do with VBR or trusting the process.

By: 0213
#9  by: sam   

It should be called LBR for looks based recruitment. It is so obvious.

By: sam
by: RaeJun 26, 2023 7:59:32 AM

It doesn't change much from high school people. You want to be in a top tier you have to have the look. If you don't have that you better know someone.

By: Rae
by: starsJun 28, 2023 6:29:23 AM

LOOKS LOOKS LOOKS!

Come on people we all know it is based on looks. We also know how we personally fall on the looks ranking. This determines about where you will land. Sure, there are a few exceptions, but this is how it works every single year.

Off to work I must go to pay my tuition.

By: stars
#10  by: llll   

I can definitely tell you after Day 1 it is not a values-based recruitment. Not one person asked me anything where they would have learned about my personal values.

By: llll
by: llllAug 11, 2023 9:22:12 AM

I will likely not be participating during the remainder of recruitment. I did not receive any of my top 5. My bottom two could not even carry a conversation with me. Good Luck to those that are left. I am out.

By: llll
by: utAug 11, 2023 10:39:33 AM

I am on break and trying to decide if I will stay in. It is not values based we all know that.

By: ut

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.