facebook

'22/23 Sorority Descriptions

by: ames

AXO- very friendly overall, solid grades, good member retention
ChiO- smaller group, great unity among members, welcoming to outsiders
DG- newer group, super fun girls, up and coming
KD- large sorority by numbers, near top in grades, probably the strongest presence on campus, nice girls, pnms really like them
PhiMu- favorite during recruitment, top in grades, easy-going/fun girls, good member retention
TriDelta- top in philanthropy, solid grades, overall nice girls, good member retention
Zeta- best Instagram, attractive girls, very low presence on campus, known for their philanthropy, need to be a bit more friendly

Posted By: ames
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: this   

Agree for the most part on descriptions. I like that there is nothing negative.

By: this
by: SpunzApr 6, 2023 1:17:10 PM

Zeta has a really bad retention rate.

By: Spunz
by: honestlyApr 17, 2023 11:45:45 AM

ZTA is pretty unfriendly. Def need to work on this as a whole.

By: honestly
#2  by: Rach   

Phi Mu continually kills it in grades.

By: Rach
by: sarahMar 20, 2023 10:21:14 AM

I also think they have stepped up their IG.

By: sarah
#3  by: Kelly   

DDD and KD seem to have a broader appeal and are liked by most PNMS. It's like they are welcoming and take a wide range of girls. PNMS feel comfortable with these two sororities and they don't appear to select one type of PNM.

By: Kelly
by: KSMar 20, 2023 12:24:12 PM

Agree. We have one group that picks majority on looks, so its nice to see other groups without this emphasis.

By: KS
#4  by: mads   

My issue is pretty much all groups are a jumble of girls. Can't get a feel of the group. Just when you think you have it figured out you see 10 people that throw the whole thing off. Some groups are worse than others.

By: mads
#5  by: yaz   

Greek Life has a very low profile on campus. No one ever knows when events are and it is cliquey. It is tough to get a general idea of what each group is like unless you know a ton of people.

By: yaz
#6  by: MEL   

To all pnms reading this, recruitment is crazy. When I went through I was dropped from every house I ranked as my top likes and only given my alternates. There is no way any of them had a chance to get to know me in the 15 minutes I was at their party. Go in with an open mind and hope for the best. It really is out of your control.

By: MEL
by: ...Mar 24, 2023 12:39:41 PM

Heard this before.

By: ...
#7  by: Dee   

phimu is a blast!

By: Dee
#8  by: andthis   

I wouldn't worry much about each group ahead of time. Just go into it and have fun. Much of recruitment is a game and you have no control over the play. You won't even be in a party long enough to meet girls first round. Many groups know who they want to keep/drop before the party begins. When you think about it you need to ask yourself how are they judging when they don't even know you? I think you can put 2+2 together on that one. Go into it to meet people and have fun.

By: andthis
#9  by: syd   

@pnms, I have never met anyone that went through recruitment that was not offered a bid, if they remained in recruitment. Whether they accepted the bid or dropped is another story. I have met countless people that did not get the group they had hoped for though. Many did not receive a bid from one of their top three choices in the end. The final decision is yours to make, so just relax and see how your week goes. Good Luck.

By: syd
#10  by: Rics   

If you are looking for the best overall sorority experience on campus it would be
PM or KD
Then ZTA or DDD
Then AXO, XO, or DG

By: Rics
by: RicsApr 9, 2023 2:27:39 PM

I should have added this is based on recruitment week success, grades, retaining members, campus presence, activities, sisterhood etc. Not just based on one factor.

By: Rics
by: kristenApr 25, 2023 1:25:35 PM

Yes this. If you want the best all-around experience this is the rankings.

By: kristen

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.