facebook

what are the most competitive sororities to get in

by: FutureGreek

I'll be a freshman in the fall and I was wondering which sororities cut the most, or the ones I should rush harder than others? Thanks!

Posted By: FutureGreek
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: sororitygirl   

The ones that are the hardest to get into are PiPhi, Tridelt, Kappa, and XO. Those are typically the top tier and if you don't know anyone they will cut you. Some are stricter than others about certain things though... Tridelt and Theta cut heavily based on gpa, while kappa cuts based on you meeting their zip code requirements. PiPhi and XO you need to know a lot of people going into rush and some of it's looks and athleticism for piphi, and XO is some looks but mostly personality. As for zeta, axo and adpi, they are not as competitive and you can probably get a bid fairly easily even if you don't know anyone going into rush.

Overall: you need to rush PiPhi, Tridelt, XO, and Kappa pretty hard if you're considering any of those or you will be cut on the first day!! Go to sub dinners!

By: sororitygirl
by: BaylorLoverJun 26, 2022 1:52:14 AM

This list is almost accurate, however I would switch out tri delt for zeta. Zeta is a little harder to get a bid from in my opinion. Also, Kappa’s “zip code requirement” is completely false. Rush rumors run rampant on campus! Meet girls in sororities first semester and figure out what groups you like best/fit in most with and from there go on as many rush dates as possible!

By: BaylorLover
by: BU26Jun 26, 2022 8:09:43 AM

Are the sub dinners open to everyone, or do you have to be invited? Same with rush dates/coffee dates- do you wait for an invite?

By: BU26
by: NoJun 27, 2022 12:19:21 AM

Nope. A kappa mentioned that they check your zip code AND how fancy your car is

By: No
#2  by: Lol   

Tridelt and XO?? Ha

By: Lol
by: wellApr 17, 2013 1:14:35 AM

not everyone may want chi-o or ddd, but in reality they are a lot harder to get into and require a lot of networking

By: well
#3  by: bufish   

What about KAT? I'm going to BU in the fall and don't know many girls on campus. What do you do at SUB dinners? All of these pre-rush activities are making me more nervous than a rush in August.

By: bufish
by: subbyApr 19, 2013 2:03:42 AM

sub dinners are basically like being in a room at rush but less organized and its in the sub. you don't actually eat, you stand around and try to meet as many people as you can but it's hard because sometimes you can't tell who's actually in the sorority.

By: subby
#4  by: sorority   

KAT is reasonably competitive, they look for pretty girls with good grades. surprisingly their latest pledge class has a lot less partiers than usual and the girls are pretty down to earth.
you'll want to go to sub dinners because it's important to know people.

By: sorority
#5  by: BU BEARS   

PKT, all three of them are considered the most competitive in Texas and at Baylor.

By: BU BEARS
#6  by: Greek   

Yeah, Kappa, PiPhi, DDD, and XO are the most competitive overall. They require meeting a lot of girls and having them fight for you. Going to sub dinners is my best advice.

Kappa rushes on looks and legacies
Pi Phi rushes on looks, athleticism, then personality
DDD and XO rush based on grades (more so DDD than XO), personality, athleticism, then looks.

The others arent as competitive, but still very good.

By: Greek
#7  by: greek   

DDD and XO are more competitive because they look for a certain type of girl and require intense connections.
I wouldn't say theta and zeta are as competitive per se, but for some reason theta is top 3 or 4 and zeta's above tri delt. they make it work

By: greek
#8  by: another question   

What sororities actively pursue legacies?

By: another question
#9  by: Greek   

Pi Phi XO DDD and Kappa, definitely. Get to know all the girls from the beginning to have a shot. I highly recommend sub dinners and their campus wide events. Good luck!

By: Greek
#10  by: bu2017   

What's theta like here?? I'm a legacy for theta

By: bu2017
by: GreeeeeekApr 28, 2013 3:40:55 AM

KAT is pretty chill. They're not known for being competitive but they have some of the prettiest and realest girls. I'm not a theta but I haven't met one I don't like. Most people (except delusional tri delts) would put them somewhere in the top tier. Either PBP-XO-KAT or PBP-KKG-KAT. They are known for partying but I know some girls in theta who never party. Seem pretty diverse. They're smart too and study a lot. They used to be middle of the road but from what I've seen they're only getting better. I have a lot of friends in theta, and there's a reason for it.
My ranking is: PBP-KAT-XO-ZTA-KKG-DDD-AXO-ADPi
in other words, they're well worth rushing. also apparently it's good nationwide along with PBP, XO, and KKG.

By: Greeeeeek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.