facebook

top schools for greek life

by:    

Texas Tech-they make it on TFM weekly. They were ranked high and they have the most competitive rush.
Texas A&M- 32% of the guys and girls rush.
UT- ZBT was ranked as the countries #1 Fraterntity. This boosted the whole Greek system at UT.
Texas State- Although 4 fraternities just got the boot, 38% of students will join a fraternity or sorority
Baylor- Altough we have no houses. 12% will join a fraternity or sorority. Known for big philanthropy.

Posted By: ...
Page 2 of 2
#11by:    

WRECK EM!!! Tech is the best school for sure.

By: TTU student
#12by:    

I'm not a UT or Bama greek. howbowdah?

By: ^^^@Observant
#13by:    

The truth is that Baylor girls, as Christian and sweet as they may be, are considered "dowdy" by Texas standards. I'm so sorry to say that. I mean they will be great homeroom moms and such but let's face it-Baptists are just "frumpy."

By: Well...
#14by:    

I'd say it's probably like

UT/SMU
TCU/A&M
Baylor - Sorority
Tech, Texas State
Baylor - Fraternities

UT and SMU for obvious reasons are at the top. I don't think A&M loses out to TCU much when it comes to Greek life, especially the sororities. A&M guys maybe aren't as wealthy as a whole as TCU, but they have big properties close to campus and the handful or so throw some good parties. TCU's new Greek village looks amazing though, so we'll have to see when it's finished.

Baylor girls are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY smarter and classier than the state party schools, but seeing as fraternities are like 75% parties and 25% social connections and Baylor frat parties suck...

By: Hmmm
#15by:    

I go to UT and ZBT is nowhere near top house here

FIJi
Sig Ep
Kappa Sigma
SAE
Sigma Chi
KA
Pike
ATO
ZBT

By: UT

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#16by:    

as a sophomore in Greek life at TAMU, it's pretty great IMO - but the main probl is that the administration looooves tradition of the Corps, the dozens of freshman orgs, men's/women's orgs, and the school promotes those more than any frat or sorority. Plus there's no frat row, only a couple of frats have houses (SAE, SigChi, Delt, Fiji, KA) the frat dues are cheap af compared to UT's (i hear around 1k-2k), and they've only been around since the late 80/early 90s. I don't even honestly know the EXACT % of Greeks out of our total population, but it's "small" relative to our size of 60k total students - but it's been increasing every yr these last couple of yrs. (we have 14 sororities and 19 frats). With having friends @ other schools in TX, I'd honestly agree and say UT, Tech, TCU, and TXST have the best in that order. (Idk enough personally about Baylor Greek life to say anything sry). There's a ton of room for improvement at TAMU but it'd just take a lotttttt of time and money...

By: tamu

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.