facebook

what are the real sorority rankings here?

by: Haylie

What are the real sorority rankings here? Top tier? Mid Tier? Bottom Tier?

Posted By: Haylie
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: hi   

all the sororities at EMU are great and have something to offer. it just depends where you fit best, since each chapter has its own unique personality. there are groups that people see as being "top-tier" but if you don't fit in with them it really doesn't matter. the best way to figure it out is to go through structured recruitment with an open mind and give all of the groups a chance! if you go through with your heart set on one group, it won't turn out well for you, it rarely does.

By: hi
#2  by: Well   

In general, I would say...

Top Tier
AXiD and SK

Middle Tier
AST, SDT and DZ

Lower Tier
SSS, AGD and PSS

But like the person above me said, each person has their own idea of what exactly it is to be "top tier" etc etc. Just go where ever you feel the most comfortable because that is what the important thing is. If you end up choosing a sorority because you think one is "better" than the other, you won't have a good, genuine experience.

By: Well
#3  by: EMU   

there really is no top tier, middle tier, lower tier. greek life is greek life here. it is an excellent way to get involved on campus and amazing connections. everyone is friends with everyone and all the sororities do their best to interact with the community. certain sororities have different philanthropies that make it harder for them to be extremely involved on campus, but they still are in the community. overall, joining any of their organizations would benefit you throughout your experience here at EMU

By: EMU
#4  by: emu1   

All the sororities are great here at EMU, it really does depend on whose personalities blend well with yours. But if I had to rate them, based on success, being visible on campus and having numbers, I'd say:

Top Tier:
Alpha Xi Delta, Delta Zeta, Sigma Kappa

Middle Tier:
Alpha Gamma Delta, Alpha Sigma Tau, Sigma Delta Tau, Sigma Sigma Sigma

Lower Tier:
Sigma Nu Phi

By: emu1
#5  by: lol   

I wonder if the person who said she was in SK is really that person lmao

By: lol
#6  by: emugreek   

i agree
sk dz and axid on top

By: emugreek
#7  by: fuzzie   

1. AXD & DZ
2. SK
3. SDT & Sigma
4. AST & AGD
5. SNP

By: fuzzie
#8  by: Seriously   

Asking what tiers people "honestly think", is the exact same thing as going to the page where they're all anonymously ranked. Except here, you get a biased and anonymous response. Yeah, makes sense.

By: Seriously
#9  by: GoEagles   

Top: dz & axid

Middle: sk, sdt, tri sig, agd

Bottom: ast, snp

Based off of success in recruitment and presence on campus and in Greek Life.

By: GoEagles
by: EMUGreekJun 21, 2014 12:36:25 PM

That's pretty accurate. I would switch SK and AXiD though

By: EMUGreek
by: FratGuy29Jul 3, 2015 12:28:44 PM

Definitely DZ and SK on top. Based off of recruitment, as far as I know Tri Sig was the only chapter who didn't have to do open in the winter.

By: FratGuy29
#10  by: yeah   

greek life here is nothing compared to other places. if the school didn't have greek life, nothing would change. compare it to uofm's greek life or better yet south carolina, alabama's, or florida's and it's hardly even relevant to anyone.

By: yeah

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.