facebook

greek life dying

by:    

Is it just me or does greek life seem to be dying? I'm a senior in a "top" sorority and idk it seems like the greek scene isn't as vibrant as it used to my freshman/sophomore years.

Posted By: anom
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

As a geed it feels as strong as ever

By: Geed

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

Greek life has been dying for years. The university hates fraternities, as do most other schools nowadays. Suspensions and charter revocation are common for the smallest things. Anything a new member has to do for an organization is hazing. It's just become super watered down especially with the advent of social media, smartphones, and the internet where everything spreads like wildfire. Parties used to be insane before anyone could pull out their iPhone and record everything to flex on snapchat. Seriously, go read about what they used to do back then.

By: yeah
#3by:    

Most if not all frats will be kicked off in the next few years

By: ha
#4by:    

Being an independent guy is becoming less taboo (for girls it was never really an issue) because of a combination of frats getting kicked off/ a lot of people dropping/ people just realizing how dumb it is

By: Anom
#5by:    

Note to freshmen: it's ok if you don't make it into your "dream" frat. It's ok if you don't get invited to all the top parties. Just be yourself and find a group that you click with organically and stop worrying so much about status because once you leave duke, none of it will matter

By: Like
#6by:    

facts

By: facts
#7by:    

Parties are getting weaker each year

By: Ok
#8by:    

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if greek life if pretty much dead by the time I graduate

By: Luke
#9by:    

Rush numbers are unusually low this year. I wouldn't be surprised if most fearsome/sororitys end up disappointed with this years PC

By: rush
#10by:    

^I think poster above meant frats

By: Haha

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.