facebook

pike

by:    

Despite all of the hate on Pike, they really cant be that bad. They have pretty good looking guys and have a great house, but do they have a brotherhood? Im rushing in the fall and obviously many people are attracted to them, but im not sure if theyre someone i want to pursue. I know i obviously need to go through rush and Im not making opinions based on this site, but i would like feedback on people that really know Pikes and can tell me if they have a brotherhood. For example are they able to name all of their members? for the most part is everyone comfortable with each other or are their clear and distinct social groups within the fraternity. Just curious to see peoples responses and opinions on what theyve seen at parties and tailgates and other events.

Posted By: Guest
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I have a friend in Pike and he likes it a lot, but wishes the brotherhood aspect was a little better. Since there's so many of them he doesn't know everyone's name and is only close with a handful of guys and goes out with the same bunch. Another friend in Pike thinks the brotherhood is great because he goes out of his way to know everyone and try to hang out with different people all the time. I guess it's what you make of it

By: Go noles
#2by:    

I'm a Pike but not from FSU and I'm not directly affiliated with the chapter. I'd say the Pikes here have a brotherhood based on tremendous respect for the identity that Pike has. They're very proud of what they've achieved and of their membership. I asked one of them if the football players were active and he said check out the Wikipedia pages. He's right. They all list Pi Kappa Alpha in their college bios.
I'm going to give you some really good advice. Go around to all the fraternities during rush and meet the members. Don't listen to BS about brotherhood. Pay attention to how they treat YOU. When you find the place that you feel you fit in, that's the fraternity you want to join.

By: prince murat
#3by:    

They don't have great brotherhood. Too big, theere's lots of clicks

By: Obvious
#4by:    

It depends on what you are looking for. Some people pledge there just for the perceived status of 'being a pike'. They wear the letters on campus thinkibg they're so cool, but they are not really pary of a tight brotherhood so to speak. The fact that some of them have gotten in fights with each other out at clubs, not knowing that was one of their own fraternity brothers, tells you a lot.

By: well
#5by:    

In every fraternity theres brothers that get initiated and don't come around because they grow out of it or maybe don't enjoy it as much as they anticipated. In all of the frats theres some brothers who don't know each other, but it depends how close the brothers are with the brothers they know. From what i've seen Pike seems to have a very close brotherhood, like the guy above said most of them our so proud to be pikes they have a bond over that

By: abc
#6by:    

Right about the time rush starts there's always a lot of chatter about 'brotherhood'. There are 22 fraternities in the IFC. 13 of them have over 100 members. Three more are over 90. The six biggest fraternities have 150 or more. All of the sororities have more than 200 each. On that scale 'brotherhood' has to do with the pride and identity. When you have more men than you can fit into a car you're going to have cliques of some kind. So don't buy the idea that small fraternities have more 'brotherhood' than big ones.

By: Bro
#7by:    

coming from people that hung out with them 99% of the time in tallahassee they do have a great brotherhood despite what people say. Youll know if you fit in or not during rush. The ones that wound up dropping were the ones that chose it just because it was pike not because they actually felt like they fit in

By: -

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#8by:    

Pike is the best fraternity at fsu.

By: Frat brah
#9by:    

The top 5 fraternities at FSU all have over 200 members each and Pike is not the biggest. So ditch the talk about size and brotherhood here. If you equate brotherhood with small numbers then join a small fraternity.

By: Mama
by: Consensus   

But Pike has the biggest members!

By: Consensus
#10by:    

Why is this 8 year old post here on Greekrank. ?

By: Why

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.