facebook

PLEASE go to prefs before dropping!

by:    

Y’all, you lose nothing by at least attending your pref parties. My mind was entirely changed after pref. These women have put in so my work to make it special for you and leaving them waiting by the door for you is really mean. We’re looking forward to seeing you again. You could be missing out on an amazing sisterhood, your future big, your bffs! Ffs even if you’re gonna rerush you’re at an advantage if you go to prefs so you get to know what it’s like! Also, so many girls are dropping this year, if you’re hoping for a snap bid, don’t.

Posted By: recruiter
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

It so many women are dropping wouldn’t that mean you’re more likely to get a snap bid not less? Just curious on that. And are there really so many women dropping?

By: Why

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: good luck babe   

From what I’ve heard, 30-40% of girls have dropped so far. I guess it could go either way, but if a ton of girls dropped out hoping for a snap bid and they’re known to be incredibly rare, I’d think that lowers your odds of getting one bc every other girl had the same idea. But I’m just a random person on the internet what do I know

By: good luck babe
by: ⭐️    

More PNM dropping out doesn’t mean there are more snap bids, which are only for houses that don’t reach quota.

By: ⭐️
#2by:    

So the obvious question is why are so many dropping? Were they disappointed in their options after the first 2 rounds of brutal cuts many houses had to make?

By: Hmm
#3by:    

This is harsh, but not everyone is top 6 material. Girls think: I’m beautiful, I have good grades, I have good extracurriculars. Well guess what? So does everybody else, and that’s the problem. You might have been Queen Bee at your HS, but you are just a little fish in a big pond here. And guess what else? Quota is set based on the number of PNMs who sign their MRABAs after pref. So if less girls sign MRABAs, quota is lower. So it doesn’t impact the sororities. And quota additions are for girls who stayed in. The top houses that you all think you belong in won’t be doing snaps. The ones that you decided you were too good to will.

By: Look
by: XPNM   

Problem? This kind of attitude and the audacity to hide behind a screen and post a comment like this is the problem.

This little fish received invites back to what I’d suspect are your “top 6”. That isn’t why I dropped.

Are you harboring bitterness because these self professed big 6, “didn’t want you” or is being part of your big 6 led to your entitled to belittle other women?

Either way, I do hope they hid you from the PNMs this week because not only does this ugliness on this site not represent your chapter well, it also dim the light of FSU Rush as a whole.

I don’t want to chance ending up in a sisterhood full of people who act and think like this.
This is why I dropped.

Do better. And count to 10 before you give over to your impulses and anonymously, yet publicly bash others.

By: XPNM
by: Look is right   

You are not in high school anymore, you are at a huge school with a lot of your peers and you aren't going to be coddled like you are used to. You're not the only pnm who got disillusioned and dropped. IDK why you dropped but whatever, Look is right.

By: Look is right
#4by:    

The number of people dropping, the "brutal cuts" and the size of recruitment have absolutely nothing to do with snap bids.
- There would be the same % of self-dropping no matter how many pnm's are participating. The historical average doesn't really change.
- In recruitment everything is based on percentages, so the chapters would release the same percentage of pnm's at each round no matter how many pnm's were participating.
- Pnm's get back the same average number of houses each round every year, so when pnm's aren't invited back it just seems "brutal" by the sheer numbers of pnm's. And the flip side of that is that more pnm's, by sheer numbers, are getting invited back every round, but of course no one talks about that on here.
- Chapters that historically have more pnm's ranking them high release more at every round because they can count on getting back most of the pnm's they invite.
- Chapters that historically have fewer pnm's ranking them high release fewer each round so pnm's will still have choices when others release them.
- There is not an end goal of a certain number of bids to give out. The more pnm's participating means more bids will be given out by every chapter. Quota = Number of pnm's signing cards after pref/18 chapters. And then some chapters will take Quota Additions to place the pnm's that did not bid match but did rank both of their pref houses.
- Snap bids are given out by chapters who do not hit quota during bid matching. It has nothing to do with how many pnm's there are, nothing to do with the number of girls who dropped out, nothing to do with anything other than bid matching.
- The system in place allows as many pnm's as possible the chance for a bid and maintains equity among the chapter membership sizes.

By: Percentage driven
#5by:    

The horrible tier ranking on here is so bad and the hateful call outs & comments about each other is even worse. It stressed a lot of us out and I know mostly not true. i saw myself at a house that is claimed on here as a ‘mid’ or ‘upper mid” house and other girls calling them self rankers or having a bad sisterhood, and saying even worse about other houses and girls. Sorry but the girls hiding behind your screens putting everyone else down are the ones I really dont want to be sisters with and you should know how stressful you made this experience for many of us PNMs.
I was so excited to tell my group how I was connecting, how I loved the girl recruiting me and how I thought it was a positive sign that I got to talk to an exec the last round, and how the girls in that house were so sweet, fun, beautiful, my favorite and I hoped I’d end up there.But then stuff like “oh I thought you’d go top tier” and all the stupid things put on here was brought up. The stress from second guessing myself and everything said on here, on top of all the expected normal stresses of the week was too much and I dropped.
Why many of the girls dropped. Will probably regret it .. lots of tears knowing what I may be missing tonight and tomorrow. I was excited about rush and being in a sorority for so long.
Please stop messing up rush for future PNM and your own houses with all the mean girl talk and fake ranking on this site.

By: XPNM
by: No   

Stop relying on anonymous strangers to make your decisions. Stop caring what people you will never meet think. I am sorry that you had a knee jerk reaction and dropped out. It’s a shame that you didn’t go to pref. Pref parties are beautiful and attending most likely would have cemented your decision to put your favorite house first snd tomorrow you would be having a great time with your new sisters. Hopefully you are a little wiser now.

By: No
by: Grow up   

If you dropped that’s on you. Don’t blame this site. Obviously you care way too much about social appearances rather than finding good friends. We don’t want social climbing superficial biotches part of our sisterhood as you will add zero value to the organization and most likely drop anyway. Boo boo baby girl. Grow up

By: Grow up
#6by:    

I agree!!

By: agree

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.